• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds around Bristol? (1 Viewer)

:hi: :hi: Hello everybody!! My first time at the birdforum, looks interesting . I'm a birdwatching bricklayer from Folkestone , kent, England . I'm off to Bristol on the last weekend of this month, can anyone point me in the direction of the starlings roosting along the severn as featured by bill oddie, i think it was near Slimbridge. ???

Hello ern the burn.

I'm a birdwatching postman from Bristol. I too saw the amazing filming of the starlings featured by Bill Oddie and believe that they are roosting near to Slimbridge but sadly cannot be certain for I too would love to see this wonderful site. Hope someone can let us know.

The Raptor said:
Hello ern the burn.

I'm a birdwatching postman from Bristol. I too saw the amazing filming of the starlings featured by Bill Oddie and believe that they are roosting near to Slimbridge but sadly cannot be certain for I too would love to see this wonderful site. Hope someone can let us know.
Speaking as an ex wurzel from Brizzle i think you might find he was on the somerset levels (Kings Sedgemoor Drain) "OOH Aarr ! :t:

Great to hear from a ex wurzel from Brizzle, very interested to know your living in Dolgellau, my wife and I have visited and passed through many times on our visits to North Wales.

Why do you think the Starlings our on the somerset levels. "Ooh Aarr" BCFC for ever.

As far as I remember the film was made on the levels at Westhay Moor, follow this link
http://www.somersetwildlife.org/reserve_4.php
Even if this wasn't the place there was certainly a hugh starling roost there last winter. It is still a bit early yet for the roost but hopefully by the time you come this way it may have begun. PM me closer to the time and I will give you any details I know.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back