• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Calling all Bird Bloggers! (1 Viewer)

I am afraid that I am way behind on updating my blogs. I run 2, the first reporting on various birding areas of Ecuador and the second providing my observations of particular birds here. Now that I have some time I need to get caught up on my blogging as well as my other writing.

Thanks for the encouragement to get back to work

Glad to see this thread! I hope to check out blogs listed here when I get the time. My blog about birding in Costa Rica has always been part of my signature. Come check it sometime if you want to read about field trips, locations, and ID pieces related to birding in Costa Rica.

Here's a shameless plug for my blog then. It's nothing to shout about but it's just about me and maybe a couple of mates mostly doing local birding. I've only got one follower :-O. Still, I don't mind because I know a few who do look in from time to time. There might be the odd naughty word too ;). You'll see it just below this post.

cant be arsed to look at your's Dave, sorry - :)

Just a comment to push the Cotswold Water Park blog. Works through surfbirds and as a result there seems less options than a blogger site. It does seem to work for us although I would like more hits. As the area is 40 square miles in size am just about to develop some 'bird walk' leaflets to guide people about a bit.

A community blog on which I unfortunately do not post any more myself, as not living in Vietnam any more: http://vietnambirdnews.blogspot.com/

Bird news from Vietnam, with most posts being from migration around Hanoi. Some very nice records for Hanoi during the last weeks, like Scaly-breasted Merganser and Grass Owl.

Hey Up Midlands Birder.

Young fellow me lad, this looks like nothing more than a shameless plug. You'd never catch me doing a thing like that!

http://localbirdingforlocalpeople.blogspot.com/

By the way, did you find this RT Diver on the Severn at Bewdley?

No i didnt find it, but i could have, had i not been at my girlfriends house:smoke: I was going to take a walk saturday morning up to where the diver is! Wish i did now! Mind you, was it there a day before it was found?;)
MB

I've been looking around for birding blogs recently. Thanks everybody for posting your links here, I'll be checking them out (when I can be arsed). ;)

Just an update on the Cotswold Water Park blog. Because of complaints from its readers about virus warnings on Surfbirds I have changed this site to the one below.

Alot of my blog hits seem to always come from birdforum threads, particulary one thread I created. I haven't really tried doing any 'field reports' and most of the time it is just me spewing nonsense with some garden pictures. I got two English dudes to help me with the posting from time to time as I can be lazy and maybe not post in a while ^^.

Latest blog post is about mushrooms I have found in my garden! Never had them before so it was a 'woop woop' moment.

http://www.thebirdgardenblog.com/

Nice thread you've started here, MB. Thanks to it I've discovered one or two blogs I knew nothing about, but have now bookmarked.

I like the way blogs range from the occasional post of this and that, to a full-on diary, perhaps with musings of the writer too. Personally I find blogging both enjoyable and challenging. Sometimes I cannot wait to get fingers to keyboard, others it's a chore! But I just cannot leave it alone... |=)|

I love blogging mostly although as Gavin said it can be a challenge not to write the same thing ad nauseum. My blog is my way of recording what I have seen so that I can revisit it (and often do). I also try to attract readers, not entirely for vanity reasons but I figure if more people want to read it then I will enjoy it more when I come back to it (although I get annoyed with myself if I drop outside the top 400 of fatbirders links. One of the best ways I found to promote your site is to link it to a twitter feed and post regular updates on that to build followers and auto generate links for your blog updates. And if you want people to come back put pictures in!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back