• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tyrant Flycatchers you have seen (1 Viewer)

Larry Lade

June 13, 2012 I added a new bird to my State of Missouri List. It was a Western Wood-Pewee. Not only was it a new bird for me (for Missouri), it was also (if accepted by the Missouri Birds Record Committee) a new bird for the state of Missouri.

I will append my list of 33 USA tyrant flycatchers when I have a little more time.
* 40 additional tyrant flycatchers world wide.

132 for the world, 30 for my ABA list.

I do like Fork-tailed and Scissor-tailed Flycatchers, as well as Long-tailed Tyrant. I am also quite fond of the Chat-Tyrants.

Carlos

149 for the world, but only 18 for my ABA list.

My favorites are Red-Rumped Bush-Tyrant, White-Cheeked Tody-Flycatcher, and Slaty-Backed Chat-Tyrant.

Ben

32, all ABA (plus Rose-throated Becard, which is now considered in a different family, Tityridae)

For regular ABA species, I still need Yellow-bellied, La Sagra's, and Fork-tailed Flycatchers, as well as Gray Kingbird

Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet
Olive-sided Flycatcher
Greater Pewee
Western Wood-Pewee
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Alder Flycatcher
Pacific-slope Flycatcher
Buff-breasted Flycatcher
Hammond's Flycatcher
Least Flycatcher
American Dusky Flycatcher
Cordilleran Flycatcher
Willow Flycatcher
Acadian Flycatcher
American Gray Flycatcher
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher
Dusky-capped Flycatcher
Brown-crested Flycatcher
Sulphur-bellied Flycatcher
Great Kiskadee
Vermilion Flycatcher
Black Phoebe
Eastern Phoebe
Say's Phoebe
Couch's Kingbird
Thick-billed Kingbird
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
Tropical Kingbird
Eastern Kingbird
Western Kingbird
Cassin's Kingbird

only 5, all in Honduras:

Black Phoebe
Brown-crested Flycatcher
Great Kiskadee
Tropical Kingbird
Yellowish Flycatcher

Must do more New World birding!

black phoebe
eastern phoebe
say's phoebe
western kingbird
western wood-peewee
pacific-slope flycatcher
great crested flycatcher
dusky-capped flycatcher
for a total of 8.

June 13, 2012 I added a new bird to my State of Missouri List. It was a Western Wood-Pewee. Not only was it a new bird for me (for Missouri), it was also (if accepted by the Missouri Birds Record Committee) a new bird for the state of Missouri.

I will append my list of 33 USA tyrant flycatchers when I have a little more time.
* 40 additional tyrant flycatchers world wide.

Congratulations on your Missouri find Larry.

I have 25 on the ABA list and 30 others from the West Indies and Panama for a total of 55.

Only 12 that I have identified with full confidence so far, all in Santander, Colombia. Probably 3 or 4 others that I can't be sure of.

Tropical Kingbird
Eastern Kingbird
Fork-tailed Flycatcher
Vermilion Flycatcher
Great Kiskadee
Streaked Flycatcher
Rusty-margined Flycatcher
Black Phoebe
Pied-water Tyrant
Yellow-bellied Elaenia
Common Tody Flycatcher
Cattle Tyrant

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back