• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gabar goshawk or not? (1 Viewer)

DuQues

This picture was made in Sabi Sands SA.
If I look in Sasol Birds of Southern Africa it looks like a juvenile Gabar goshawk, but its beak is wrong. This one is red and black, and in Sasol it isn't.

Does anyone know what it is? Link -> Gabar goshawk

Hi DuQues,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin.

I am afraid I can't answer your id question but I am sure someone will be along soon who can.

DuQues said:
This picture was made in Sabi Sands SA.
If I look in Sasol Birds of Southern Africa it looks like a juvenile Gabar goshawk, but its beak is wrong. This one is red and black, and in Sasol it isn't.

Does anyone know what it is? Link -> Gabar goshawk

Hi

A Gabar Goshawk does have a red and black beak like the one in your picture, according to the information I have seen. However I am not so sure that the colouration and patterns on the bird you have photographed match that of a Gabar.

T o:)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back