• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Extremadura Spain (1 Viewer)

Irvo52

Scotland
I'm planning a trip to Spain next spring, including 4 or 5 days in Extremadura. What is the best time for optimum bird watching in that area? I'm thinking early May. Advice would be appreciated. Brian

Extremadura

I'm planning a trip to Spain next spring, including 4 or 5 days in Extremadura. What is the best time for optimum bird watching in that area? I'm thinking early May. Advice would be appreciated. Brian

Hi Brian

Early may is probably the best time to visit this area. Have been this time of year for the last 3 years,i have a good friend that lives there. Five days should cover most areas, if you could fit the Gredos mountains in you could get extra species in such as Bluethroat, ortolan, Rock Thrush, Citril Finch.
In Monfrague the raptors are breeding with Spanish Imperial, Bonellis, Booted Eagles. All the Vultures will be present also Black Stork, the Bustards will still be displaying on the steppe also both Sandgrouse should be easy to locate.
Its an excellent place for birding and iam sure you will enjoy it.

Darren.

re extramadura

i agree with what is said above we went in may last year and had a fantastic time, if you look on the spanish thread for dutch birder ask him, he and his wife rent out a cracking two bed villa and will guide if required but just as happy to tell you were to go to find the birds. have a good trip and enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back