• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Back to Leica..UVID 7x42 HD part 2 (1 Viewer)

The only reason I can see "updating" from the BR version to the HD version is the hydrophobic coating on the lenses... and that's a stretch.

Back to Leica...UVID 7x42 HD part 2

I really like my UVID 7x42 and was thinking of getting either a second pair or on of the EDG 7x42's Eagle is closing out...I travel and want a second pair to leave in NM and leave one in AK.
Has anyone been able to compare the EDG against the UVID?
Even at close out the EDG is only about $100.00 less than the UVID.
For me this is a serious investment, haven't been able to find anywhere that carries them both where I could compare them myself.
With astigmatism problems and shaky hands the 7x42 gives me a great view.
The Meopta's are to heavy, hurt my neck.
A friend is taking my B&L Discovers as part of a trade, they really good glass for the money.
My Zeiss Victory 7x42's never appealed to me, they got stolen and I never really missed them.
I am addicted to the 7x42 UVID's and 8x32 Swaro EL's.
Art

I really like my UVID 7x42 and was thinking of getting either a second pair or on of the EDG 7x42's Eagle is closing out...I travel and want a second pair to leave in NM and leave one in AK.
Has anyone been able to compare the EDG against the UVID?
Even at close out the EDG is only about $100.00 less than the UVID.
For me this is a serious investment, haven't been able to find anywhere that carries them both where I could compare them myself.
With astigmatism problems and shaky hands the 7x42 gives me a great view.
The Meopta's are to heavy, hurt my neck.
A friend is taking my B&L Discovers as part of a trade, they really good glass for the money.
My Zeiss Victory 7x42's never appealed to me, they got stolen and I never really missed them.
I am addicted to the 7x42 UVID's and 8x32 Swaro EL's.
Art
The EDG 7X42 has the best eye relief of any bin around...a true "walk-in-view." The image is near-perfect and sharper to the edge than the UVID. I love the Leica build but, as far as image quality is concerned, I think the 7X42 EDG is the overall best 7X42 available. If you have the original UVID (non-HD) the 7X42 EDG is a big improvement.

I have the HD UVID 7x42...still haven't had a chance to look through the EDG 7x42.
Hard choice without having looked through the EDG and don't want to spend that kind of money without a look through.
Art

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back