• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ18 lens hood / bag (1 Viewer)

YellowBudgie

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone know if there's a 3rd party lens hood that won't obstruct the lens on the FZ18? Something I can screw on the threads of the lens hood ring? I have poor dexterity in my hands and have trouble with the small knob/screw that mounts the flower style lens hood on.

I have to use a tool to twist the tiny lens hood knob and ended up breaking it. I ordered a replacement hood, the same type. Do they sell that little knob/screw assembly? Maybe I could fix the broken one.

Any web sites that specialize in 3rd party lens hoods would be great.

Also can anyone recommend a holster style bag that will fit the FZ18 and lens hood attached to the camera ready to shoot?

I love the camera but wish the lens hood was attached in a better way.

A few photos from the FZ-18.

That was my Dad's buddy until he reached sexual maturity and ventured off. This young squirrel and my Dad would sit out in the yard with a little bribe. He could be hand feed but we didn't do it to often. We normally dropped the peanuts. My dad would fall asleep in that lounge chair to wake up with PeeWee the squirrel sitting patiently in the chair across from him for his peanuts. :) I'm glad I took the photos of the little guy.

Thanks!

Attachments

• St. Josephs Angel.jpg
    St. Josephs Angel.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Dad and Pee Wee the Gray Squirrel - 031_resize.jpg
    Dad and Pee Wee the Gray Squirrel - 031_resize.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Dad and Pee Wee the Gray Squirrel - 026_resize.jpg
    Dad and Pee Wee the Gray Squirrel - 026_resize.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Dad and Pee Wee the Gray Squirrel - 015.jpg
    Dad and Pee Wee the Gray Squirrel - 015.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 81
Hi,

I too, am looking for another lens hood for my FZ28,same as yours I believe.

Loved the Photos,and Background info, of your Dad,and the little Squirrel.

Hope he comes back some day,Especially for your Dad.

Regards.
John

Hi,

I too, am looking for another lens hood for my FZ28,same as yours I believe.

Loved the Photos,and Background info, of your Dad,and the little Squirrel.

Hope he comes back some day,Especially for your Dad.

Regards.
John

Hi John,

I posted on another forum as well and someone sent me a web page where they sell custom made extension tubes that connect to the base of the lens.

They have one for the FZ18 and FZ28. The tube is designed to move forward and back by twisting so it doesn't get it the way of the lens and cause vignetting issues (black around the edge of the photo). It's possible to mount a lens hood on the end of this but I would ask the company what if any 3rd party hood may be recommended. Someone here may know as well.

Here's the tubes:
http://www.pemaraal.com/index.php?page=fz18ac

Thanks on the photos. The camera is great in good light. Once Squirrels hit sexual maturity the instinct to head out for territory and a mate kick in. I hope my Dad's friend Squirrel made it okay in the world.

See ya,

Thanks for the link.

The extension tube looks good,and would be the way to go I think.

I also hope you Dad's Friend made it ok.

Cheers.
John

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back