• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Connecting the strap to my Zeiss HT 8X42 Binoculars (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I'm bamboozled how to connect my strap to my new pair of Zeiss Victory HT 8X42 Binoculars. Can anyone help or does anyone have a link on how to connect them, as I'm not the very best person to connect the strap to the Binoculars. I've tried to Google to to find out any information to no avail. Oh for the days when the strap was already attached to the binoculars. The only downside the Binoculars then where large and heavy.
Ian.

Last edited:
I'm bamboozled how to connect my strap to my new pair of Zeiss Victory HT 8X42 Binoculars. Can anyone help or does anyone have a link on how to connect them, as I'm not the very best person to connect the strap to the Binoculars. I've tried to Google to to find out any information to no avail. Oh for the days when the strap was already attached to the binoculars. The only downside the Binoculars then where large and heavy.
Ian.

Ian

The instructions on how to do this are in the guarantee document that came with the bins.
An on-line copy is available to view and download at:
http://applications.zeiss.com/C1257996004D33D2/0/AA9F3E118C180BD7C1257ABF003491B4/$FILE/ZEISS-inu-hunting-nature-victory-ht.pdf

Basically your bins hang from a loop made by folding back the loose end of the strap. The strap will need to pass through the rainguard and binocular loops and be secured in the metal H-clip that is already on the strap. You need to decide whether you want the rainguard secured by the strap at one side or both. I adjust the strap length so that the tip of the loose end just touches the wide neck pad and have the H-clip as close as possible to the end so that there is no loose end flapping about.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back