• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Victory SF eye cups - popped off.... (1 Viewer)

dominic.patagonia

I love my Victory SFs. In fact both my Swaros are sitting on the shelf now mostly. But what's with the terrible eyecup thread. Mine popped off and I can see no way of getting it back without breaking it. There is no thread like on my Swaro ELs. See pic. Any ideas really appreciated! thanks

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (16).jpg
    FullSizeRender (16).jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 189
The eye cup is composed of an inner collar and an outer collar. Best I can tell from the photo, it looks like the outer collar has separated from the inner collar.

Zeiss USA will send you new eye cups for free if you call them. I believe service is now in NY so they should be able to get them to you soon.

It looks like the inner collar is still screwed onto the eye piece housing so it would have to first be unscrewed before screwing in a new replacement eye cup.

Here is a thread with some photos of the eye cup that may help and it also goes over the best way to screw in the new eye cup.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=336799

It looks like you have the gray body SF. Zeiss did an update to the eye cup last year when they replaced the gray body models with the black body models. The only difference in the eyecup is the new design has two intermediate positions rather than one intermediate position. You should request two of the new design.

Thanks Bruce thats very helpful. I didnt realise the threaded bit was still on there! Have to maybe try to remove it with a vice.... ;(
I moved to the UK but hopefully Zeiss here will honor it.....
thanks again

The eye cup is composed of an inner collar and an outer collar. Best I can tell from the photo, it looks like the outer collar has separated from the inner collar.

Zeiss USA will send you new eye cups for free if you call them. I believe service is now in NY so they should be able to get them to you soon.

It looks like the inner collar is still screwed onto the eye piece housing so it would have to first be unscrewed before screwing in a new replacement eye cup.

Here is a thread with some photos of the eye cup that may help and it also goes over the best way to screw in the new eye cup.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=336799

It looks like you have the gray body SF. Zeiss did an update to the eye cup last year when they replaced the gray body models with the black body models. The only difference in the eyecup is the new design has two intermediate positions rather than one intermediate position. You should request two of the new design.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back