• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few from Uganda (1 Viewer)

dwatsonbirder

Please excuse the poor quality of images, photography is really not my thing!

The first is a sunbird from Kibale, I am presuming this was another Bronze sunbird, but did not see it well. I'm struggling to reconcile the pronounced forked tail with anything else.

The second is a raptor from the north side of QENP - I was wondering about a backlit Wahlberg's eagle?

The third I am fairly happy with as a Brown chested lapwing from Ishasha area, but as this would be a new species (I believe this is also a rather scarce migrant in Uganda) I hoped for experienced observers to confirm this.

Thanks in advance for corrections/clarifications.

Attachments

• P1010747 - Edited.jpg
    P1010747 - Edited.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010763 - Edited.jpg
    P1010763 - Edited.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010450 - Edited.jpg
    P1010450 - Edited.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010452 - Edited.jpg
    P1010452 - Edited.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 38
Excellent thank you both. I suspect I misjudged the size of the first bird so scimitarbill makes more sense. Pretty pleased with the lapwings, I was fairly confident on the ID but thought I'd check - I saw 9 in one flock and 4 in a second.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back