• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Huge migration coming in from North Sea ! (1 Viewer)

Check out the Little Bunting shot! South-easterlies blowing hard out there right now... am going to be out from dawn to dusk.
ce

Anyone know if this guy is posting this info on webpage anywhere??? Like to see more info on what is being recorded. Its amazing stuff! Valuable insight in to what's heading our way.

John

Anyone use Birdguides' Birdmap?

They use different sized squares to indicate sightings of varying levels of interest, from "common" (the smallest square) up to "mega" (the biggest).

The map for 14/10 looked like someone had built the Great Wall of China along the east coast!

This weekend's going to be really interesting!

Bedtime

Keith Reeder said:

They use different sized squares to indicate sightings of varying levels of interest, from "common" (the smallest square) up to "mega" (the biggest).

The map for 14/10 looked like someone had built the Great Wall of China along the east coast!

Best get to bed then Keith

Keith Reeder said:

It says MEGA on Birdguides so i hope you boys up north give us a report :hippy:

CornishExile said:
Check out the Little Bunting shot! South-easterlies blowing hard out there right now... am going to be out from dawn to dusk.
ce

Errrr... are they actually Little Buntings? I'm by no means 100% convinced, but it might just be me.

What does everyone else think?

Keith Reeder said:

Take a wee look just now-madness!!

Keith Reeder said:
Same today... hmmm... why wasn't I there!!!

Sod all in my corner of Shetland today - lots of crests, but hardly exceptional numbers. A Short-eared Owl, an R-b Fly, and a Water Rail. Well worth the effort ;) Still, there's always tomorrow... it's coming nicely out of the south-east still tonight, but clear and well moonlit.

ce

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back