• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic G6 (1 Viewer)

flossiepip

Though I use a camera for bird photography my knowledge of cameras is very poor, so I would like to ask those of you that know a great deal more than me this question. Would the Panasonic G6 make a good match for one of the new lenses coming out next year.

I believe the G6 will be able to provide a good image quality (better than my older Gh2) and the new lenses are probably better than my older 100-300. But the newest focusing system in pana, known as DFD is not available until the GH4 and the G7 as far as I know. Therefore, the fastest possible focusing will not be available in the G6.

The reason I compared with what I have is that you can see some of my better images in my BF gallery: http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/7427, and the G6 with a new lens should still be able to do better.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back