• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

started back painting (1 Viewer)

Now I love a barnie, how can anyone not? It also seems that we share a fascination for the textures of old wood and rusty things! Wonderful detail.

Mike

lovely stuff mark, I have to make comment about the blackbird though, (sorry to single one out) that is superb and of the highest standard.... your use of light in all your paintings is magnificent, and I sympathise with how tricky the bloody barny was, they look a lot simpler than they are.... well done mate and im sure if the redecorating is half as good as your art work your wife will be very pleased... Paul

merlin..

seen one of these last week warning off a crow, a brave bird for the size....

Attachments

• _DSC5730-1.jpg
    _DSC5730-1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
a few more paintings.... all in acrylic.:t: hope you like, mark...

Attachments

• P1000839.JPG
    P1000839.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 78
  • P1000843.JPG
    P1000843.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 73
  • P1000847.JPG
    P1000847.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 67
Superb Mark - I have a particular attraction to the peacock - this one will fly off the gallery wall ('scuse the pun). Can't imagine how I missed the merlin portrait; just a lovely image, beautifully composed brimming with textural interest. Ace.

Ooh, have to echo what's been said here, the peacock is a gorgeous bit of texture and pattern. A delight, all three!

male house sparrow..

I could paint these birds every day of the week... I watch these every day in my garden, There are about 15 pairs of these between mine and my neighbours garden...maybe I'll paint a family of sparrows... well lets start another painting .. its still bloody raining....good weather for friday i hope , not checked on nightjars yet.... mark

Attachments

• _DSC7435-1.jpg
    _DSC7435-1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
It's a cracking job,. Mark; the bird is just as sparrowy as you could get and the foreground foliage works perfectly. If I'm absolutely honest thjough, I find the viridian background just a tad jarring on the whole image. I only suggest this because I think what is already a very lovely painting could quite easily (in my worthless opinion) become an outstanding one. What do you think? . . . and was there a specific reason for this colour selection in the background?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back