• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My wildlife art (1 Viewer)

some things I've been working on over the weekend :
sunflowers and nesting house martins
IMG_1161.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG

and here is a treecreeper I did a few weeks ago, Which I think i shall add some colour to at some point .
IMG_1168.JPG

opinions would be grateful- and don't be afraid to criticize!

I really like the colours on your paintings. I think they're nicely balanced and very pleasant to look at

-Rodrigo

some more greta work here - the treecreeper is an absolute star - I think it's great as it is, beautiful rhythmic swathe of branches mirrored by the bird's position.

did these today...
male and female common blue damselflies
FORBIRRRDFORUMM.jpg

and a snippet of a common tern colony I have watched this summer. I didn't use any photos, just looked at some field sketches for the poses.
IMG_1192.jpg

Last edited:
still struggling with sketching from life. But I thought it was about time i did some.
nuthatch (a family of them!) field sketches with colour splashed on

IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1214.jpg

Thank you both.
I was a bit worried about the seal as no one had commented about it yet! so i'm glad you like it.
It's a great piece. Don't get worried about lack of comments; I know for a fact I often look and admire and forget or don't have the time at that moment to comment (poor show, I know) - but it is always nice when people take the time to make a comment. Anyhow - as said earlier - great piece! :t:

It's a great piece. Don't get worried about lack of comments; I know for a fact I often look and admire and forget or don't have the time at that moment to comment (poor show, I know) - but it is always nice when people take the time to make a comment. Anyhow - as said earlier - great piece! :t:

I too forget to comment, it's just so active, it's hard to keep up. The Common Seal is my favourite piece of yours to date, very, very nice it is too. Also admired your Common Darter very much inded, keep it up please, very fresh, vibrant work...

too much activity on the forum for all the comment things deserve: I hope that doesn't put people off from posting work

that spotty seal works especially well in the cropped version I would say (maybe a slightly larger crop)

and with sheet 3 of the nuthatches you are onto something

I had some catching up on this thread to do, and am very impessed with all the work posted since my last visit! The nuthatches are great - definitely not an easy species to sketch from life, given their essentially constant nervous motion. The seal is really well done - captures that wide-eyed, flared nostrils quizzical stare that characterizes them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back