• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Review BX-4 McKinley HD (1 Viewer)

I have been away from the forum for awhile & did not know about Leupold's new lineup of HD Bino's. Just out of curiosity I just ordered a pair of the 8x42 Mckinley. I too wish I had kept my GR HD's, I should have them this Fri or Sat. & maybe these will make that wish go away .... gwen

I received the 8x42 Mckinley's today & it is what one would expect from Leupold... rock solid construction, does not look or feel like a China bin . Iam just amazed China can produce a binoular in this price range( $539 Price Paid) I would say the optic's quality equals or even slightly exceeds the 8x32HD I owned along with 8x42HD I had handled at Cabela's a few yrs back. From the view to the soft case & straps Leupold really did a very nice job indeed. Having owned the vortex Viper HD's & Zen-Rays ED2 & ED3's I think many who get a chance to handle the Mckinley's will agree with me the Leupold Mckinley's beats them hand's down except maybe for the weight but even then as with me its not a issue. I have looked thru many of the higher end Bino's costing 2 to 4 times as much & frankly if Leupold can source this type of quality out of China with a price tag under $600 with Leupold's world known customer service ..... why spend anymore. The Mckinley's 8x42 will show your eyes every bit as much as any binoculars costing 2 to 3 times as much .... gwen

Last edited:
Glad you are enjoying the McKinleys Gwen. This afternoon another forum member, Stet, came over and we compared close to two dozen binoculars. I would easily say that the McKinleys were in the top four optically with some debate as to which was top dog.

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=8542419205

It was a good session this afternoon and the Mckinleys held there own against some very good glass. Leupold has a winner on there hands. Should sell very well.

Glad you are enjoying the McKinleys Gwen. This afternoon another forum member, Stet, came over and we compared close to two dozen binoculars. I would easily say that the McKinleys were in the top four optically with some debate as to which was top dog.

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=8542419205

Frank, I notice that you have a Meopta 10x42 HD on your table of goodies there. How does that compare to the McKinleys in terms of sharpness,brightness, clarity and lack of CA? All the qualities that are important to me and that have really impressed me about the Meopta HD's.

AB,

It is funny you should ask for that comparison. Stet and I disagreed slightly on this issue. I will leave that part out for now. Suffice to say that the Meopta HDs were one of the others in the top four.

My opinion was that if Meopta made the Meostar 8x42 With ED glass as they did with the 10x42s then they would have the Leupold McKinley 8x42s. I thought the image quality was practically identical between these two bins...taking into account the difference between 8 and 10x. I did think the McKinleys had a larger sweetspot but then that might be attributed to the difference in magnification. Wish I would have had the 10x42 McKinleys for comparison. In reference to all the other optical categories I thought they were even.

I have to admit I was very impressed by the Meoptas. I am not a big fan of 10x42 bins but the Meopta really impressed me. I could see myself using this 10x42 as a full time glass....and that is saying a lot.

Yes, the person at EO felt that the McKinley's were not optically equal to the GR HD's.There is not an 8x32 configuration for me to try against mine, so I asked her opinion on the focuser (aside from the view, I really love the focuser on the GR HD!) and asked if she had looked through both bins - she said yes.

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted the results of the conversation, but that is why I posted what I did at the end. From the most expensive alpha to the decent $200-330 bins, there are a variety of opinions to be had on this forum!!! In fact, I thought I remembered JGraider really liking the GR HD's a lot!!!

Out of curiosity, I asked which bin she would recommend and she spoke highly of the Conquest HD. The opinions on THAT bin certainly hit each end of the spectrum!! I am still in the market for a new 10x and will keep looking til I find one that fits me!! I will make my way to Cabela's and I will take a look at the McKinley's for myself now that I see them listed on their site!! (on back order according to site).

Miss Lulubelle,

Did you get to try the 10x42 Meopta 10x42/Cabela's Euro HD? I remember you called a Meopta rep about them some time ago.

If not, you should take a look at them while you're at Cabela's. Pier gave them two thumbs up on binomania.

I just clicked on my bookmark and saw that the Website has been completely redesigned with flash and tags. Click on "Translating" and then scroll down near the bottom of the page and click on Meopta Meostar 10 × 42 HD.

Meopta 10x42 HD review

Also of interest is Pier's biography below the preview of the Doctor 8x56 OH.

Brock

Last edited:
... I have to admit I was very impressed by the Meoptas. I am not a big fan of 10x42 bins but the Meopta really impressed me. I could see myself using this 10x42 as a full time glass....and that is saying a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, your input is greatly appreciated.

Like you, I'm not a big fan of 10x binos either, but of all the ones that I have seen, including the SV SLC HD, it's the only would that I would buy if I absolutely needed the extra magnification.

It seems like Leupold really has a winner with their new McKinleys if they can offer the same positive attributes that I see in the Meopta HD for $300 less. Now you've really whetted my appetite to try them.

AB,

It is funny you should ask for that comparison. Stet and I disagreed slightly on this issue. I will leave that part out for now. Suffice to say that the Meopta HDs were one of the others in the top four.

My opinion was that if Meopta made the Meostar 8x42 With ED glass as they did with the 10x42s then they would have the Leupold McKinley 8x42s. I thought the image quality was practically identical between these two bins...taking into account the difference between 8 and 10x. I did think the McKinleys had a larger sweetspot but then that might be attributed to the difference in magnification. Wish I would have had the 10x42 McKinleys for comparison. In reference to all the other optical categories I thought they were even.

I have to admit I was very impressed by the Meoptas. I am not a big fan of 10x42 bins but the Meopta really impressed me. I could see myself using this 10x42 as a full time glass....and that is saying a lot.

It would have been nice if we had both models in the 10x variation, but in comparing what we had, my impression differed slightly from Frank's in that if I were pressed to choose I would say the Meopta's had a very, very slight advantage in apparent sharpness. Of course I'm splitting hairs here and each individual will most likely get a different impression, considering how close these actually are in performance. To be fair, looking back now, I realize that I did not adjust the diopter on the Mckinleys, as they looked plenty sharp to me where Frank had it set. It is quite possible that with some fine tuning I may have gotten a different result. I was there more for the enjoyment than any real comparison test, as I am very happy with my current bin line up. The Meopta's would have to be some of the best money I have ever spent on binoculars, bar none! Absolutely love these bins and as Frank said, I do use them as my primary bin most of the time. My 7x Fl's and 8x EII's are much easier for following warblers around in the brush though. So I have a nice balance.

It would have been nice if we had both models in the 10x variation, but in comparing what we had, my impression differed slightly from Frank's in that if I were pressed to choose I would say the Meopta's had a very, very slight advantage in apparent sharpness. Of course I'm splitting hairs here and each individual will most likely get a different impression, considering how close these actually are in performance. To be fair, looking back now, I realize that I did not adjust the diopter on the Mckinleys, as they looked plenty sharp to me where Frank had it set. It is quite possible that with some fine tuning I may have gotten a different result. I was there more for the enjoyment than any real comparison test, as I am very happy with my current bin line up. The Meopta's would have to be some of the best money I have ever spent on binoculars, bar none! Absolutely love these bins and as Frank said, I do use them as my primary bin most of the time. My 7x Fl's and 8x EII's are much easier for following warblers around in the brush though. So I have a nice balance.

Thanks for your added input John.

Having looked through a few different pairs of Meopta HDs inside different stores the same qualities are always apparent to me. Its excellent sharpness, ease of focusing and diopter adjustment - no fiddling back and forth trying to locate the sharpest point of focus - its bright CA free image with vivid realistic colors, and these qualities give it a clarity that few other binos deliver.

Plus the intangibles like its solid feel and for me anyway, the easiest 10x bino to hold firmly and virtually shake-free that I have ever held.

All this for under $1000 makes them a winner in my book.

FWIW I would have rated the new Zeiss Conquest HD 8x42 almost on a par with the Meopta HDs except for its excessive CA. Not terrible by most standards, but excessive both because of it's high price and Zeiss reputation for usually being the master at controlling that issue.

Probably be a week before I end up ordering one. Don't really need a full size binocular but, I'm very intrigued by the design. Just spent a fortune on a new headphone amplifier and headphones! So need to get my priorities straight! Lol! That said I need to decide if it will be the 8x42 Leupold or 8x32 Conquest hd's!!! I'm leaning towards the Zeiss at the moment just for the format. Bryce...

Having looked through a few different pairs of Meopta HDs inside different stores the same qualities are always apparent to me. Its excellent sharpness, ease of focusing and diopter adjustment - no fiddling back and forth trying to locate the sharpest point of focus - its bright CA free image with vivid realistic colors, and these qualities give it a clarity that few other binos deliver.

Plus the intangibles like its solid feel and for me anyway, the easiest 10x bino to hold firmly and virtually shake-free that I have ever held.

You have basically just described the 10x42 McKinley.

And for $600 too. ;)

Frank,
Hit me with a PM if you want the 10x42 McKinley I have (and am going to keep) for a few days for a side by side with the Meopta. You are going to have to PM me because your box is full.

Last edited:
Thanks for your added input John.

FWIW I would have rated the new Zeiss Conquest HD 8x42 almost on a par with the Meopta HDs except for its excessive CA. Not terrible by most standards, but excessive both because of it's high price and Zeiss reputation for usually being the master at controlling that issue.

Funny you should mention the Conquest HD's. They were the main competition for the Meopta when I was looking for my 10x and I compared them side by side many times before deciding. The Meopta's won, but I really liked the Conquest HD's. I am fortunately not very sensitive to CA so the one bin I am currently eager to look through now is the 8x32 Conquest HD's. I would like to round out my collection with a good 8x32 and although the Pentax 8x32 ED's I have are fantastic, they don't handle glare well enough for me.

Gold Ring Review

I posted a few days ago that I had a Gold Ring 8x42 coming. I have had it for some time now, and feel some comments about the performance of this binocular might be worthwhile since the McKinley now stands as Leupold's top dog with a new Gold Ring still over the horizon.

I got this binocular from the optics lab at Leupold. I was discussing some McK vs GR stuff with my Leupold contact and the next day after a conversation I get an email from him saying he found one in excess of need in the lab and did I want it? Uhhh..yeah I wanted it, so a few days later it showed up. It took me just a few minutes after setting this binocular to make the determination this was not going back to Leupold. So an email later I was in possession. ;)

There was a post from Lulubelle reporting a comment she got from an Eagle Optics rep that the Gold Ring was a lot better than the McKinley. So the question is, was the EO rep right? The answer is well...mostly, but it is not a lot better.

Here is the deal. I have always thought the Gold Ring was a serious alpha class competitor. When somebody like FrankD says he never could quite like the GR image, that gets my attention. There were also similar comments from other users in other forums that said the same thing Frank did. The thing is, I don't think anybody who retains the ability to objectively view and analyze an image will find any more fault with this binocular than I did. Frank and I have swapped back and forth enough and written review comments on the same binocular enough for me to see we have similar opinions on binoculars. The other thing is I suppose is that the first Gold Ring HD I saw, at Huntington's in Oroville, CA I thought was every bit as good as I think this one is. The competition at Huntington's in 2007 were the Swarovski EL and SLC Neu, the Zeiss Victory FL and the Zeiss Conquest. I thought the GR gave up nothing to the FL, EL, and SLC, but was better than the Conquest. So I don't think those who saw and did not like the GR saw either one like the one I now have or the one they had at Huntington's. I wonder if QC issues had some role in the GR demise. I guess I need to send this to Frank at some point and see what he thinks about this unit.

I am wondering now just how typical this Gold Ring is. It came out of the Leupold lab. I don't know, and neither does my contact, at least at this point, just what sort of use this got in the lab. On one hand it could be what they deemed a typical "good" specimen and just used it for light transmission, resolution, and whatever other tests the lab needed to do. On the other hand, it takes no particular reach of the imagination to envision the tech heads in the lab wanting to see what they needed to do to "maximize the output" and give way to technical tinkering.

I have to wonder about the latter though for a couple of reasons. First "Bubba" at some point, took an engraver to the underside of the hinge and carved his initials. It takes no great imagination to envision "Bubba" breaking the binocular and sending it back. Since the Gold Ring was always an ongoing work in progress, it is pretty easy to see them just rebuilding "Bubba's" specimen in the lab and using it to generate some data.

The second thing is that this particular Gold Ring, keeping the comment confined to 8-8.5x roof prism binoculars I have personal experience with, certainly ranks in the top ten binocular views I have experienced. I'm not saying the best, but it sure is not number ten on the list either ;).

There is nothing I can find to fault this binocular optically, with the sole minor exception of having a tendency to let some stray bright sunlight in between your face and the eye cup which sometimes will give a slight unfocused star light type reflection off the surface of the ocular. There are no apparent differences between the barrels...none. I can see nothing that indicates anything but perfect collimation. The IPD lock does not work either. So if Bubba sent it back and the lab was using it for tests, I can see them not fixing it. I have no issue with it not working, but would rather see a tripod socket.

Image Performance

The image is sharp as can be, and the further you stretch the distance the more it shows its heels to the McKinley and the others. It has the same ever so slight brownish-amber-reddish color bias that the McKinley has and as a result the image appearance, color balance, and contrast of the McKinley and the Gold Ring are about identical. The GR does seem brighter however.

The apparent depth of focus here is superb. It is almost like a 7x in that regard. While the color balance appears slightly warm, the color representation of the object in the binocular seems very natural. Colors pop right out of dull, not yet living early spring vegetation just beginning to break dormancy. Different shades of various green, brown, and tan vegetation are clearly differentiated. Focus this thing at infinity and there is no need to refocus on anything past 100 feet. I have spent several days in the Klamath Basin Wildlife Refuge complex using these on waterfowl and never felt even once that I needed to touch the focus. I did just to get a feel for the instrument, but the need, as far as enhancing the image was just not there. It is better than the McKinley in this regard. It bests the McKinley to some degree, albeit slightly, in low or dull light scenarios.

Field Performance

The field is relatively flat, but not to the degree I think they used flattener elements, but I am checking that detail. There is a little ring of field curvature, but it is not very severe and edge performance I would rate as good+. The edge performance and flatness of field is a lot like the Swarovski SLC-HD. In both there is some curvature but not much but neither has the edge sharpness of the SV.

The fov is listed on the binocular as 7.46*, or 390' @ 1,000 yds. This one measures 404' or 7.7*. The sweet spot seems at least 85%.

CA seems all but absent in the image anywhere, except at the very outer 1% or so at the very edge of the field. Glare is so well controlled it is a non issue.

Differences with the McKinley.

The bare weight of the Gold Ring is 32.0 oz. The McKinley checks in at 29.8 oz. The strange thing is having one in one hand and one in the other, the Gold Ring feels lighter. The GR is s little bit smaller physically than the McKinley, particularly in regards to barrel diameter. Leupold could shave a little armor to good effect here I think.

The GR is somewhat sharper and brighter than the McK. That difference is in twilight and low light condition primarily, the difference is not great, but it is a distinct difference in favor of the GR. The degree of that difference to the individual user will be the teller of the tale.

The focus features of the McK I put in the review. The GR focus is one of the very best I have used in any binocular. It is a lot faster than the McK is. They are both counterclockwise to infinity. The chief differences is the smoothness of the focus, favoring the GR and the quickness of the focus in close, again favoring the GR. The McK uses a turn going from the close focus to 100 feet. The GR uses half that, making the GR a lot better tool for insect watching. There is about a quarter turn past infinity on each binocular.

I think ergonomics will clearly favor the GR. Event though it is heavier than the McK, it feels lighter. The oculars are still fairly large, but they are enough smaller than the McK to be a nice feature for me.

Anyway, enough for now. I'll be back with some user choices between 8x and 10x when they did not know which was which and with whatever comparisons I have been able to do so far.

Last edited:
Steve .... I agree concerning the physical aspects between the Gr & the Mckinley. The GR's looks along with its easier hinge operation were no doubt slightly better but I think the Mckinley optical qualities are so close to the Gr's that aleast with my eyes I'd say its a tie. With the winner going to those eyes out there who likes either one of them the best ...... gwen

Steve .... I agree concerning the physical aspects between the Gr & the Mckinley. The GR's looks along with its easier hinge operation were no doubt slightly better but I think the Mckinley optical qualities are so close to the Gr's that aleast with my eyes I'd say its a tie. With the winner going to those eyes out there who likes either one of them the best ...... gwen

Yes,they are really very close. So I think there are really no worries if you want a McKinley to replace a GR. I think it is a good thing to always beware of statements placing one thing as "significantly" better than something else.

Steve, your review makes me feel better about my conversation with EO! They certainly weren't trying to bad mouth the McKinley, nor were they trying to push their own brand. I thought she answered my questions quite objectively. I need to see if Cabela's has them yet, locally, and check out the 10x if they have one. I am very curious. Using the GR's, I do lose some of the FOV due to my glasses, which is a bit of a disappointment, but the view & focuser are fabulous!

I do have a stupid question, I know some use o rings on their bins to keep the oculars where they work best. How on earth do you remove themwhen you need to?!!

Steve, your review makes me feel better about my conversation with EO! They certainly weren't trying to bad mouth the McKinley, nor were they trying to push their own brand. I thought she answered my questions quite objectively. I need to see if Cabela's has them yet, locally, and check out the 10x if they have one. I am very curious. Using the GR's, I do lose some of the FOV due to my glasses, which is a bit of a disappointment, but the view & focuser are fabulous!

I do have a stupid question, I know some use o rings on their bins to keep the oculars where they work best. How on earth do you remove them when you need to?!!

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask, thus leaving an unanswered question. The 0-ring should be supple enough to stretch out and pull back a section at a time. If they are stout enough to make them hard to manipulate with your fingers, then you can use a table knife or something to get under the 0-ring and start it off that way. If what you are using is a problem, just get some a little bigger. One thing is they are cheap enough you can just clip them with scissors and replace them. Grabbing the edge of the 0-ring with tweezers or small needle nose pliers can work too.

My experience with EO has always been pretty good. Even if I disagreed with the advice, I always felt it was given honestly.

I guess the simplest thing is to say the McKinley is in second place with the GR in direct competition, but the McKinley is darned good and the differences are pretty small.

Last edited:
I posted a few days ago that I had a Gold Ring 8x42 coming. I have had it for some time now, and feel some comments about the performance of this binocular might be worthwhile since the McKinley now stands as Leupold's top dog with a new Gold Ring still over the horizon.

I got this binocular from the optics lab at Leupold. I was discussing some McK vs GR stuff with my Leupold contact and the next day after a conversation I get an email from him saying he found one in excess of need in the lab and did I want it? Uhhh..yeah I wanted it, so a few days later it showed up. It took me just a few minutes after setting this binocular to make the determination this was not going back to Leupold. So an email later I was in possession. ;)

There was a post from Lulubelle reporting a comment she got from an Eagle Optics rep that the Gold Ring was a lot better than the McKinley. So the question is, was the EO rep right? The answer is well...mostly, but it is not a lot better.

Here is the deal. I have always thought the Gold Ring was a serious alpha class competitor. When somebody like FrankD says he never could quite like the GR image, that gets my attention. There were also similar comments from other users in other forums that said the same thing Frank did. The thing is, I don't think anybody who retains the ability to objectively view and analyze an image will find any more fault with this binocular than I did. Frank and I have swapped back and forth enough and written review comments on the same binocular enough for me to see we have similar opinions on binoculars. The other thing is I suppose is that the first Gold Ring HD I saw, at Huntington's in Oroville, CA I thought was every bit as good as I think this one is. The competition at Huntington's in 2007 were the Swarovski EL and SLC Neu, the Zeiss Victory FL and the Zeiss Conquest. I thought the GR gave up nothing to the FL, EL, and SLC, but was better than the Conquest. So I don't think those who saw and did not like the GR saw either one like the one I now have or the one they had at Huntington's. I wonder if QC issues had some role in the GR demise. I guess I need to send this to Frank at some point and see what he thinks about this unit.

I am wondering now just how typical this Gold Ring is. It came out of the Leupold lab. I don't know, and neither does my contact, at least at this point, just what sort of use this got in the lab. On one hand it could be what they deemed a typical "good" specimen and just used it for light transmission, resolution, and whatever other tests the lab needed to do. On the other hand, it takes no particular reach of the imagination to envision the tech heads in the lab wanting to see what they needed to do to "maximize the output" and give way to technical tinkering.

I have to wonder about the latter though for a couple of reasons. First "Bubba" at some point, took an engraver to the underside of the hinge and carved his initials. It takes no great imagination to envision "Bubba" breaking the binocular and sending it back. Since the Gold Ring was always an ongoing work in progress, it is pretty easy to see them just rebuilding "Bubba's" specimen in the lab and using it to generate some data.

The second thing is that this particular Gold Ring, keeping the comment confined to 8-8.5x roof prism binoculars I have personal experience with, certainly ranks in the top ten binocular views I have experienced. I'm not saying the best, but it sure is not number ten on the list either ;).

There is nothing I can find to fault this binocular optically, with the sole minor exception of having a tendency to let some stray bright sunlight in between your face and the eye cup which sometimes will give a slight unfocused star light type reflection off the surface of the ocular. There are no apparent differences between the barrels...none. I can see nothing that indicates anything but perfect collimation. The IPD lock does not work either. So if Bubba sent it back and the lab was using it for tests, I can see them not fixing it. I have no issue with it not working, but would rather see a tripod socket.

Image Performance

The image is sharp as can be, and the further you stretch the distance the more it shows its heels to the McKinley and the others. It has the same ever so slight brownish-amber-reddish color bias that the McKinley has and as a result the image appearance, color balance, and contrast of the McKinley and the Gold Ring are about identical. The GR does seem brighter however.

The apparent depth of focus here is superb. It is almost like a 7x in that regard. While the color balance appears slightly warm, the color representation of the object in the binocular seems very natural. Colors pop right out of dull, not yet living early spring vegetation just beginning to break dormancy. Different shades of various green, brown, and tan vegetation are clearly differentiated. Focus this thing at infinity and there is no need to refocus on anything past 100 feet. I have spent several days in the Klamath Basin Wildlife Refuge complex using these on waterfowl and never felt even once that I needed to touch the focus. I did just to get a feel for the instrument, but the need, as far as enhancing the image was just not there. It is better than the McKinley in this regard. It bests the McKinley to some degree, albeit slightly, in low or dull light scenarios.

Field Performance

The field is relatively flat, but not to the degree I think they used flattener elements, but I am checking that detail. There is a little ring of field curvature, but it is not very severe and edge performance I would rate as good+. The edge performance and flatness of field is a lot like the Swarovski SLC-HD. In both there is some curvature but not much but neither has the edge sharpness of the SV.

The fov is listed on the binocular as 7.46*, or 390' @ 1,000 yds. This one measures 404' or 7.7*. The sweet spot seems at least 85%.

CA seems all but absent in the image anywhere, except at the very outer 1% or so at the very edge of the field. Glare is so well controlled it is a non issue.

Differences with the McKinley.

The bare weight of the Gold Ring is 32.0 oz. The McKinley checks in at 29.8 oz. The strange thing is having one in one hand and one in the other, the Gold Ring feels lighter. The GR is s little bit smaller physically than the McKinley, particularly in regards to barrel diameter. Leupold could shave a little armor to good effect here I think.

The GR is somewhat sharper and brighter than the McK. That difference is in twilight and low light condition primarily, the difference is not great, but it is a distinct difference in favor of the GR. The degree of that difference to the individual user will be the teller of the tale.

The focus features of the McK I put in the review. The GR focus is one of the very best I have used in any binocular. It is a lot faster than the McK is. They are both counterclockwise to infinity. The chief differences is the smoothness of the focus, favoring the GR and the quickness of the focus in close, again favoring the GR. The McK uses a turn going from the close focus to 100 feet. The GR uses half that, making the GR a lot better tool for insect watching. There is about a quarter turn past infinity on each binocular.

I think ergonomics will clearly favor the GR. Event though it is heavier than the McK, it feels lighter. The oculars are still fairly large, but they are enough smaller than the McK to be a nice feature for me.

Anyway, enough for now. I'll be back with some user choices between 8x and 10x when they did not know which was which and with whatever comparisons I have been able to do so far.
Steve, I'm glad you got to compare the GR HD's to the Mc. I do think there were some differences in the GR's the first one's I had were somewhat soft in comparison to the ones Laura has now? QC, coatings? Not real sure. This might answer why some people didn't warm up to them. That said I agree with your assessment on the color of the GR's I had made the comment that colors popped before when I initially was posting about them. I think the fluoride lenses teamed with there coatings offer one of the best views available out of any binocular I have used. Truth be told I think the 8x32 gr HD is the best all around 32 mm I have used! To me it had the whole package and as I think Jay put it , a gem!!! Couldn't agree more. Still kicking myself but, I know they went to a good person and she is enjoying them! Bryce...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back