• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular harness (1 Viewer)

robinm

My wife gets neck strain when wearing full-size bins over a prolonged period. She has tried several harnesses but none work. Then in Spain this year someone in our group was using a harness they had purchased in the States. My wife tried it out and it is perfect - all the weight is taken away form the neck area. I think it is the particular design (see the suppliers site at http://www.eagleoptics.com/TE+Scott/Binoculars/pid1398).

Only one problem they suppliers don't deliver outside the States. Does anyone know if a similar thing is avalable here in the UK, or got any other suggestions.

Thanks

I made my own very successful harness that I have used birding all around Australia and some other parts of the world. It consists of two ordinary wide camera straps. These are attached separately to the Binos and crossed over the shouders, joining the other ends at the front. The binos can hang free for instant use or can be retained behind the front strap if climbing over fences of rocks to prevent them banging about on ones chest.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back