• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Followup: Small Binoc Purchase (1 Viewer)

sfbaywalk

Settled on Pentax 9x28 DCF LV from Amazon, delivered for $157.

I hike the San Francisco East Bay hills almost daily, and need something small to tote along with camera and other gizmos.

The case is small enough to wear on my belt, except the case has no belt loop. I may have to engage in some industrial sewing.

Thanks to all who create the discussions on this board.

Settled on Pentax 9x28 DCF LV from Amazon, delivered for $157.

I hike the San Francisco East Bay hills almost daily, and need something small to tote along with camera and other gizmos.

The case is small enough to wear on my belt, except the case has no belt loop. I may have to engage in some industrial sewing.

Thanks to all who create the discussions on this board.

I had a pair of Pentax 10x28 MC roofs briefly ( but didn't like the 10x mag), these were quite small. I could imagine that you could put your 9x28's in a small bag for a cellphone, if you can find one. These come normally fitted with belt loops. I found one with a belt loop that held my little 10x Pentax horizontally, but this was several years back, and since cellphones are now the size of matchboxes I'm not sure the bags to hold them are big enough for compact binoculars.
It's just a thought, to relief you from any industrial sewing work ;)

Best regards,

Ronald

They are a good choice. My son carried one around the Andes Mountains from Chile into Peru and Bolivia and back. It withstood some banging around. He says he saw a Condor with it. I have them back now and use them as my car binocular. I gave him a Columbia 8 x 25 Backcountry to use now.

Bob

Any leather or luggage shop should be able to fix you up with a belt loop fairly cheap. Or just glue on a velcro strip so you can put them on/off your fanny pack waist strap easily.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back