• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Wading birds (1 Viewer)

beacon hill

Saw these two waders on Cleethorpes Beach UK
Could anyone help identify please

Attachments

• clee 3.jpg
    clee 3.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 114
  • clee 3a.jpg
    clee 3a.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 98
Out of interest, whereabouts where these waders?

I know Cleethorpes beach really well as I grew up there & popped back "home" birding a couple of times last year but in terms of waders it was mainly Curlew I saw, largely in the area behind the leisure centre. A couple of Dunlin, the odd Oystercatcher and occasional Little Egret and that was about it in wader terms.

I have seen Sanderling and Turnstone at other coastal spots in the UK but they have tended to be stonier coasts rather than the flat marshes around Cleethorpes.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back