• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Location India,oriental experts needed for Id (1 Viewer)

This is one among the common bird and we call it a name associated with' green leafs' in our local language , please identify

Attachments

• ooverdrive's pachila kuduka.jpg
    ooverdrive's pachila kuduka.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 196
Thanks Xenospiza,Its in Kerala state,the southern most tip of India.
Also check my signature for some pictures of the state.

Last edited:
Thanks people,really appreciate all the efforts.Actually this white-cheeked barbet was found at my backyard 2 months ago.It was pinned down by a
large group of crows!see one of his feather ripped off.wonder why the crows hate such beautiful birds and I kept warding him from the crows about half an hour and yet another hour from the cats in the neigbourhood until he managed to reach a tree top.

The Barbet is so cute, I think it's a White-cheeked Barbet (Megalaima viridis) because the color of wings, the supercilium and the distribution range :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back