• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Monarchs Vs vortex viper (1 Viewer)

geordie121

Hello!
I'm currently waiting for a some Nikon monarchs to be deliverd but ive been waiting almost a month now due to stock reasons and im now starting to get frustrated. Ive been looking at other binoculars out there and noticed the Vortex vipers.Does anyone know about these or can anyone compare or should i just hold on for the monarchs?

Cheers

Geordie:t:

I have both Monarch and Viper binoculars. The Viper is without question a better glass. Having said that the Monarch is a really good glass for the price. If the higher price of the Viper doesn't bust your budget, they really are WORTH the money.

Steve

I have a pair of Viper 8x42s as well - have been using them for the past 3 weeks in Africa. Compared to my Minox 8x32 BDs, the Minox seem to have a slight contrast edge, but the Vipers are very sharp and very comfy to use - the larger exit pupil really helps for my eyes.

I couldnt be happier with these binos. I've not compared them head to head with the Monarchs, which I've only tried out in a store, but given a choice, I'd get them over the Monarchs any day.

Vandit

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back