• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunday Sightings (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
On Sunday OH and I were dashing about all over the place doing various things, but we spared half an hour for a visit to the local nature centre. As usual they had a very good list of sightings, but somehow we never see anything out of the usual there! Sunday was no exception - lots of swans, black headed gulls, canada geese, mallards, coot, moorhen, ducks of unknown origin, and that was about the lot.

Anyhoo, some pics. Sorry they aren't more exciting ...

Attachments

• Duck.jpg
    Duck.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 11
  • swan.jpg
    swan.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 14
  • swan+cygnet.jpg
    swan+cygnet.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 8
Lovely bright summery pics, kits!:t:

Snap!!!! There is a duck at Upton Warren very similiar to the one in your pic! Sorry it is a dull pic, it was taken Friday evening and it was a showery evening! I wonder if they are related!o:D

Attachments

• P1140988 [].JPG
    P1140988 [].JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi Kits,

Sorry, missed this one too.

I wonder what that duck is? The obvious thing (isn't it always?) is Mallard cross, but that one doesn't have the typical curly feathers above the tail. Hm.

Pam, Yours is the same, those two could be from the same brood. Hm again

Bill

Hi Kits,

Sorry, missed this one too.

I wonder what that duck is? The obvious thing (isn't it always?) is Mallard cross, but that one doesn't have the typical curly feathers above the tail. Hm.

Pam, Yours is the same, those two could be from the same brood. Hm againBill

Have wings will travel...a long distance one of them flew though, Bill!o:D

Thank you all for your comments.

Oh yes, Pam, yours is definitely related to mine! Rather distinguished looking chaps, I think!

I think re-charging your batteries by spending time watching Swans & Ducks is the perfect recipe for a jolly good day!
Lovely pics Kits :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back