• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping and timelapse (1 Viewer)

scodger

If anyone can help me with this I would be grateful

I want to set up a scope with a camera, possibly a mid-range compact, to take a picture every half second, maximum one second, dawn to dusk, Picture quality is not a major issue, a medium quality pic will suffice. The set-up will be indoors looking out so no issues with the weather.

Is there a camera which will .....

a) run off an external source rather than a batteries

b) save the image to an external source while in use ( external hard drive or computer ) so that a large number of images can be stored

c) work with an intervalometer to switch on and off at specified times, and manage how often the camera takes a shot.

Perhaps the camera could be connected to a computer with software which would manage the whole thing. I dont know whats out there which would do this

Cost is important, I have a Kowa TSN scope or an Opticron IS60 scope which I can make use of, camera unknown as yet, but need to keep costs reasonable, as at the end of the day ( literally ) I just need a medium quality image so doesnt have to be the best optics in the world

Any help or thoughts appreciated

David

If you already have (or can borrow) an Android smartphone or iPhone you might want to consider that as an option - you can keep the device charged via USB, there are plenty of timelapse apps (free and paid for) and there are smartphone adaptors available for both your scope options.

HTH

Cheers, Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back