• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A real toughie! (1 Viewer)

Tranquility Base

Looking through my old 'snaps' (for a pic of some Sab's at Pensthorpe!) I found this!
I know what it is: but can you work it out?

Attachments

• Mystery.jpg
    Mystery.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 227
Nope! Clue? Scroll down!

I found it near the old raptor view point: it was well twitched at the time and was the first of four I found and had accepted. Erm...... Not a Harrier, not an Accipiter and not an owl!

My 'Left-footed' Falcon was 'in the right ball-park' and as the bird is on the outermost branches it probably isn't a heavyweight bird. The hedges are in leaf and as the tree looks like an Ash it should be in spring before the Ash comes into leaf (unless it's a dead tree, of course!). So something in April/May that was twitchable and found by M'sieur l'Inspecteur - must be a ....well, Ive done the detective work so I'll let someone else fill in the missing bit!

I've just remembered this shot of a WTE in Norfolk so it might be a bigger bird than I first thought!

Attachments

• eagle scan 1.jpg
    eagle scan 1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 158
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back