• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lone chough - window banging since September (1 Viewer)

Artep

Hi there, I have a chough that has been banging on all our windows since September and seems relentless. I have never seen it ( not sure of its gender) with other chough a. In the heat of summer he looks distressed as he does this...panting with beak open. Can’t block every window of the house...(and that doesn’t seem to stop it’s beh). Not sure if this is normal? Any suggestions on what we can do to help him (if that’s what’s needed).?

It sounds as though it is seeing its reflection and thinking it's another Chough and going after it. Is there anyway you can put something up against the window to block its reflection ?

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

It sounds as though it is seeing its reflection and thinking it's another Chough and going after it. Is there anyway you can put something up against the window to block its reflection ?

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately my entire house is surrounded by windows snd the chough rotates to all of them. Not practical to block the windows... closing blinds hasn’t helped...

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately my entire house is surrounded by windows snd the chough rotates to all of them. Not practical to block the windows... closing blinds hasn’t helped...

Sounds like some Hitchcockian - or Jungian - effect ! Are you afraid of the archetypes constellation ? Just kidding, of course...

Maybe try to record it on video, if you can ?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back