• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from a bird lover in the UK! (1 Viewer)

Ceri

Hi everyone!

I am really pleased to have found this forum. I have been birdwatching in my garden for the past 3 years or so and birds have become my passion.

Up until now I have been a lone birdwatcher - unfortunately none of my friends are interested in birds so I am looking forward to chatting to other bird lovers.

I would like to develop my hobby and become more proactive by going on bird excursions / walks and also start photographing birds. So I am really interested to hear of your experiences and recommendations of the best places to visit.

Hi Ceri and a warm welcome to you from the other side of the pond and from the rest of the staff here at BirdForum.

Ever so slowly my friends, family and colleagues are slowly starting to notice the bird life around them and will even call me if they see something new to them so don't dispair. Just keep sharing your love of birds with them ;)

Hi,Ceri,welcome to BF.Is there not a local Birding club ,in your area,eg RSPB ,it would be one way of meeting other birders,and you could join in their outings etc,as opposed to being on your own all the time.

Hello Ceri, great to have you with us. I found this Forum some months ago & look everyday at different threads people send in, I ask questions, answer questions & even put some of my photos on the gallery (not that special, pure amateur). If your unsure of a bird, Butterfly, Moth, Flowers or any other creature, there is always someone who can ID it for you, of course a photo helps.

A good place to meet other birders are at a RSPB Nature reserve, there should be one not to far from you. Not that lucky around here in Bristol, however we have Slymbridge not to far away.

I mainly go birding on my own & quite happy doing that, have so much to learn identifying birds, thats part of the enjoyment for me. Three years ago did not know certain birds even existed. Have learned so much on BF, sure that you will too.

Have fun, Rod.

Hiya

Thanks for all your messages, I feel very welcome |=)|

Thanks also for all your suggestions on how to meet other bird lovers. I'd really like to get involved with a bird group such as the RSPB or the West Midland Bird club and will certainly find out about any RSPB reserves in my local area.

I think I am getting there with my boyfriend as he is starting to appreciate the bird life around us and maybe he will eventually be hooked!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back