• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SAVANNAH SPARROW? ID Central Ohio USA 40Nx82W (1 Viewer)

This morning I spotted this guy hanging out with my song sparrows. Is it a Savannah? It does not have the dark spot on chest that the song sparrows have. And it has yellow eyebrows.
Thanks for looking
Kathy

Yep, a Savannah, and a very well marked one at that. I haven't seen very many with this extensive yellow on the lores/supercilium!

neil g.

Thanks for the confirmation.
This is my first time trying to id birds. I have had the feeder up since mid feb and am getting new visitors every day. I get excited if I get the right family :D
Thanks again
Kathy

kmsdesigns said:
Thanks for the confirmation.
This is my first time trying to id birds. I have had the feeder up since mid feb and am getting new visitors every day. I get excited if I get the right family :D
Thanks again
Kathy

Well welcome to the world of birding then! You'll soon learn your locals pretty well...

Just know that birding IS a disease. A friend of mine describes it as "addictive; terminal." lol 3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back