• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird IDs Pakistan (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

The first 3 Warblers - Greenish warbler? Leg colour, supercilium and 1 fine wing bar.,...

2nd Paddyfield Warbler?

Both taken in last week

Attachments

• warb2.jpg
    warb2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 78
  • warb3.jpg
    warb3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 79
  • warb1.jpg
    warb1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 85
  • warb11.jpg
    warb11.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 37
  • warb13.jpg
    warb13.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 44
Another shot of the possible Grenish,

Pale Iris of Warbler number 2 would suggest Orphean but bill looks very small?

Sparrowhawk or Shikra.......I believe Sparrowhawk...colour from above..., tail bands strong....any other opinions ?

Attachments

• warb1.jpg
    warb1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 39
  • orphean.jpg
    orphean.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 78
  • sparshik.jpg
    sparshik.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 60
  • sparshik2.jpg
    sparshik2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 60
the buzzard looks like a common buzzard species/subspecies...but which one? is it possible to tell from these photos..no other left......the white markings on the supper side of the primaries look interesting..

Attachments

• buzz1.jpg
    buzz1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 36
  • buzz2.jpg
    buzz2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 31
  • buzz3.jpg
    buzz3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 22
Agree with Paddyfield Warbler and with Mark's ID as Hume's. The Accipiter is a Shikra, undertail-barring too narrow for Sparrowhawk and only five long fingers. I'd say the other warbler is Sylvia curruca ssp., it's exposed to sunlight thus with seemingly such a pale iris. The buzzard looks like a rather dark vulpinus.

hi rockfowl ....thanks for the reply....i showed the photo to another person not on birdforum and he said that humes would not have lower yellow mandible.....bill base yellow not orange.....supercilium has clear yellow tinge

Hume's Warbler for the phyllosc.

I´s also say the warbler photo before the shikra shows lesser whitethroat Sylvia curruca, though perhaps an eastern?
some of these have quite pale iris.

hi rockfowl ....thanks for the reply....i showed the photo to another person not on birdforum and he said that humes would not have lower yellow mandible.....bill base yellow not orange.....supercilium has clear yellow tinge

Google Hume's Warbler, many show a yellow basal to the lower mandible and the supercilium and wingbar show buff tones on my monitor, not the yellow/white of Yellow-browed. The dark base to the secondaries, the 'wingbar-shadow' as it were, rules out Greenish.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back