• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from the West Midlands (1 Viewer)

MikeJ

afternoon all

After many years of walking around the countryside wandering what all those LBJ's are we've decided to try and put some names to them.

So we've brought a book, a magazine and joined this forum, but more worrying we've started to keep a list!!!

I'm joined by my wife and two daughters on this quest and we thank you all in advance for the help and guidance we will surely need

Regards

Mike and family

P.S. sorry for the double posting, it went a bit wrong the first time!

Hi Mike,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

We hope you find this site enjoyable and rewarding.

Hi Mike (and family) and a warm welcome from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here

D

Hi Mike et. al.

So, Mike, what IS an LBJ? (Lyndon B. Johnson? Lady 'Bird' Johnson?)
Sorry, I'm new to birding and have a quirky sense of humor...really, I don't know what 'LBJ's' are.

CyndiLe

no problem. i understand LBJ's to be Little Brown Jobs which loosely covers a whole lot of the birds we see flitting from bush to bush.

A warm welcome to you, Mike and family, from a fellow West Midlander! I am sure you will find plenty of help and information on BF to help you ID etc!

There is a 'Local Patch' board that you may find handy to take a peek at, good to see what is in the area and of course you can share your own local sightings!

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=67558

Enjoy Birdforum and please don't worry about keeping a list, good to look back on and see what you have seen and where and when!:t:

1st Day Out

Hi All

Thanks for the welcome messages.

Had our first family day out on Saturday at a warm and pleasant RSPB Sandwell.

With the help of some very friendly people in the hide and a walk around the lake we managed a respectable 24 species and 20 'lifers' (I think were getting the terminology correct) How great to be a newbie!

Seriously, a big thank you to all at Sandwell, so friendly and helpful our daughter had a great day

Regards

Mike

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back