• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Incredible (1 Viewer)

shelley810

This site is amazing...so much here, that I would spend to much time on this silly machine instead of outside enjoying the birds!
I live in southern Minnesota in the US, and have enjoyed birds my whole life.
I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the English and Welsh countryside this spring and totally enjoyed the new birds I got to see there, too!
Besides lovin the outdoor birds, I have six little indoor feathered friends.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Shelley

Welcome, Shelley. Good to have you on board. I'm totally hooked on American birds and look forward to hearing about those in your area.

Hi Shelley, a warm welcome to birdforum from all the staff here. It sounds as if you have already had a good look around the site, though it could take weeks to see all the gallery photos ;) Don't hesitate to join in on any topic you fancy, that's what the site is all about.
Glad you enjoyed your trip to the U.K, hope the weather was o.k.

Regards,
Andy

I more than enjoyed my trip to the UK, I caught the "bug" to go back and do some more exploring! *(wish my dollar was a bit stronger to your pound!!). The weather was fabulous, the countryside, stunning. I live in an area that is full of corn and soybean fields....so what a hoot it was for me to see fields of...sheep!!!! One bird that intrigued me that will make you cringe, I am sure, is your jackdaw! And your robin.... what a cutie! I had to buy a book about the birds of Great Britian, because there were many I was unfamiliar with.
Thanks for the welcome again....and what ever you want to know about the birds in my area.....ask away, this has been a very very interesting season!
Shelley

Hi Shelly, Welcome, I know first hand "the bug" to return to UK. My first trip in the 60's, a fishing trip for salmon struck a zero. My interest in the history and new found friends led me back numerous times and yes I finally got my salmon! Enjoy.

Greetings, Shelley!

This forum will be a wonderful way for you to get more acquainted with British birds before your next visit. And who knows -- perhaps you'll even be able to hook up with a couple of our members for some personalized birding! How much fun would that be?

Do make yourself comfortable -- you'll probably be spending quite a bit of time here, after all -- LOL! It's very addictive!

Bluetail said:
A query for Ollie or Dan: I see Shelley has now made 8 posts, so why does it say she's only made 3?

Because they don't want me to look like such a blabber mouth. Get me going on a subject I love...birds, art, travel, well, I think the guys are being kind in making me not look so imposing!
;)

Shelley

Beverlybaynes said:
Greetings, Shelley!

This forum will be a wonderful way for you to get more acquainted with British birds before your next visit. And who knows -- perhaps you'll even be able to hook up with a couple of our members for some personalized birding! How much fun would that be?

Do make yourself comfortable -- you'll probably be spending quite a bit of time here, after all -- LOL! It's very addictive!

You got that right!
I don't like sitting at a computer for very long, but the weather is being a pill right now, so, aside for waiting for the mallards to come back to the now flooded soyfield, gives me a chance to chat!
My bluebirds have just returned earlier after a two week, two day absence.... this is so exciting! They make you feel special that THEY chose YOUR yard to nest in!
Tis a good day, despite the storms.
Shelley :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back