• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for a new bino . 8X30EII ? (1 Viewer)

eric64800

Hello ,

I m' looking for a new bino , I'm using a Canon 10x30 IS but it is too heavy for hikking in mountain .

After reading reviews about 8X30 EII , I think I'am going to them .
My question : Is the Nikon best than the Canon about sharpness and
brightness ?

Many thanks .

Eric

Hi Eric,
The Canon is sharper with stabilizer on, but maybe not with stabilizer off.
EII maybe brighter.
EII much wider field.

Hello ,

I m' looking for a new bino , I'm using a Canon 10x30 IS but it is too heavy for hikking in mountain .

brightness ?

Many thanks .

Eric

The EII are simply excellent binoculars, I'd say any difference between them and anything else in terms of sharpness or brightness is going to be visible only in A/B tests. In other words, it's simply top-notch and I doubt very much you'll notice any difference in real life use. (For me nothing tops it due to its angle of view which happens to be very important to me. YMMV.) It also works well in sub-zero temperatures.

Hello ,

brightness ?

Many thanks .

Eric
The EII is way better optically than the Canon 10x30 IS but without the image stabilization. The only porro binoculars better than the EII are the Nikon 8x32 SE and the Habicht 8x30 W. The Habicht is a little better then the SE. Some of the top roofs are a little better than the EII but you are into big money like the Swarovski 8x32 SV or Zeiss 8x42 SF.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back