• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monarch 5 vs Endeavor ED (1 Viewer)

I'm going to be returning my 10x42 Terras for one of these binos and I'd like to hear from anyone who's tested them side by side or owned them, thanks to anyone who can help me out here. :king:

Forgot to mention, looking to replace them with an 8x42, not another 10x.

Last edited:
I
I'm going to be returning my 10x42 Terras for one of these binos and I'd like to hear from anyone who's tested them side by side or owned them, thanks to anyone who can help me out here. :king:

http://www.allbinos.com/307-binoculars_review-Carl_Zeiss_Terra_ED_10x42_review.html

From allbinos.com Zeiss Terra review..

..some of them might be lured by the renown and magic surrounding the Zeiss logo but if you examine the binoculars soberly you have to admit the situation is not as rosy as it seems. :king:

I don’t want to be misunderstood – I am still pretty sure that the Zeiss Terra ED 10x42 won’t disappoint its owners. Still the competition is fierce; there are many other producers able to offer you very good pairs of binoculars for the same amount of money or even less. It would be difficult to list them all offhandedly but if I had to suggest something I would recommend looking closer at the Olympus 10x42 EXWP I, the Bushnell Elite 10x42 ED, the Kowa 10x42 BD42-10 or the Alpen Optics Wings ED 10x42. All of these fared better in our tests than the Zeiss and some are also cheaper than the Terra. As you see you are spoilt for choice; finer details and/or your personal taste might be a decisive factor. Of course a wide choice is always better than no choice at all.

Arek Ranked the Tera 49th and the Vanguard 7th.:king:

7 Vanguard-Endeavor ED II 10x42 144.8 85.18 2299
Specifications
Review

44 Kowa-BD 10x42 XD Prominar 126.4 74.35 1645
Specifications
Review
45 Olympus-10x42 EXPS I 125.7 73.94 579
Specifications
Review
46 Ecotone-SR-4 10x42 125.7 73.94 1497
Specifications
Review
47 Vixen-Apex Pro 10x42 125.7 73.94 1149
Specifications
Review
48 Bushnell-Legend Ultra HD 10x42 125.5 73.82 1679
Specifications
Review
49 Carl Zeiss-Terra ED 10x42 125.1 73.59 1890
Specifications
Review

Last edited:
Well trying them out at a store doesn't really show me how they perform in certain lighting conditions, show me any issues that can evolve over the life of the binocular, and based on the browsing I've done of nearby sporting goods store's sites, they don't seem to carry the vanguards so I can't really compare them.

btw, I'm referring to the ED I not ED II.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back