• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unusual behaviour ? (1 Viewer)

jamesrtaylor

My query is not about a rare bird sighting.
It concerns a photo I took earlier in the year. Quality is not brilliant as I was very surprised and rushed to get the shot off.
A sea eagle (captive) was making it’s daily display flight across a loch when it began to be mobbed by a few crows. To my amazement one of the crows landed on the eagles wing and sat there for a considerable length of time.
Is this rare or common practice. I have never seen this before

I would be interested in your comments

Jim

Don't know about crows and sea eagles. However, I have seen it with Bald Eagles and Redwing Blackbirds.

And I've seen a Western Kingbird riding the back of a Great Horned Owl like a small boy on a flying carpet.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back