• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Natural World (1 Viewer)

SAFM

Hi everyone,
Did any of you watch Natural world tonight?

What was it like?

I recorded it and would like to know what to expect

Scott

Hi Scott

I think you ought to be our television adviser because I always seem to forget and miss these programes. Hope you enjoy.

Take care.

Hi Baz and all,

I know what you mean Baz, but I'm with Kat on this as sometimes the narrator and especially (just sometimes) the music can be so off putting and either make or beak a programme, a shame they can't always get it right, though they should be able to with all the money that must be spent on such programmes.

Love, Sue

Hi Sue and Kat.

I agree completely with you both. The likes of Sally Gunnell - now gone thank heavens - shoving a microphone under some poor knackered athletes nose and asking stupid questions in the most patronising way, in that mind-numbing voice, could put me off athletics forever if I didn't have a volume control or mute button. That's why I'm often pleased when I've recorded wildlife programmes, because if there's any part of it that, to quote Del Boy, " Gets on my fruppney bits," I can flip through it quickly.

All the best to you both.
Baz.

Hi Folks,
I must admit that I tend to watch a lot of wildlife documentaries with the sound off completely due to the narrator/music. There's only Sir David Attenborough and Miss Uhlenbrook who I can listen to and enjoy. Agree with Sue that sometimes the music is just awful and detracts from the progamme. I frequently wonder whether the composer has actually seen the programme when the music is not in tune with the action.
Oh yes I missed the programme last night so will have to watch out for the repeat.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back