• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Interesting forum observation (1 Viewer)

Marley

Hi All,

I have been a forum member for the past 3+ years and in that time, I have seen what appears to me to be an interesting mindset transformation.

When I first started browsing the bin threads in the forum, there was much discussion regarding one attribute over another and people's inability to accept a certain flaw or characteristic, regardless of how fine the rest of a given binoucular design might be.

For example, some might absolutely dismiss the Leica Trinovid/Ultravid line as they were very sesitive to CA.

With the softening of many world economies, overall increases in prices, reductions in warranty coverage and the softening of the Dollar, people seem to be more focused on getting the best overall binoucar package for their money.

For example, many in the past have dismissed the 8x32 EL for the lack of a razor sharp image. Enter the $2K FLs and HD BRs along with a 10-year warranty and suddenly the overall build quality, excellent ergos, very relaxed view and world-class customer service make the EL (to many) much more acceptable.

This is just my observation and not all may agree, which is certainly fine. I actually find the willingness to evaluate and accept the overall package instead of picking apart specific attributes very refreshing.

All of the top bins out there are truely excellent and should be thought of that way. They all just have slight differences that make them slightly more or less acceptable to the individual.

Just my $.02.;)

Steffan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back