• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

News from Swaro - EL series updated (1 Viewer)

Vespobuteo

Last edited:
I think those strap lugs might go over with a loud thud.

That might make me hesitate to reach for my checkbook.

Weight reduction for 10*42 is 40 gms which is substantial. Focus wheel is armoured in new one. I think if there is no increase in price, these changes would be nice to have. Continuous improvement.

Regards

I think those strap lugs might go over with a loud thud.

That might make me hesitate to reach for my checkbook.

I agree. I hate the new ones on the EL Range, and these will be the same. If a guy wears a binocular harness of some type (like most hunters do), it makes attachments a PITA. Thumbs down on this idea.

I agree. I hate the new ones on the EL Range, and these will be the same. If a guy wears a binocular harness of some type (like most hunters do), it makes attachments a PITA. Thumbs down on this idea.
We have three Swarovisions (8X32, 8.5X42, 10X50).
All three cases, all six objective covers and all three straps are stored in the shipping boxes...unused.

The colour of the objective coatings looks green rather than reddish.

I also noted the same. It looks greenish. Does it look reddish otherwise. As per Swarovski there is no change in optics.

Sanjay

trying to analyze what swaro is doing in this new product launch,
it seems to me that they are focusing on the weaknesses of the Zeiss SF,
and also the complete system of scopes, binos and accessories,
for example:

* diopter lock
* new pro bag
* new strap system
* new body armor
* the 50mm:s EL (Plays the leading role in the latest commercial video)
* digiscoping adapters
* -40g weight reduction on the 42mm ?

The SF did stir things up a bit in Absam I believe,
a bit of healthy competition is always good
for the consumer,

Last edited:
trying to analyze what swaro is doing in this new product launch,
it seems to me that they are focusing on the weaknesses of the Zeiss SF,
and also the complete system of scopes, binos and accessories,
for example:

* diopter lock
* new pro bag
* new strap system
* new body armor
* the 50mm:s EL (Plays the leading role in the latest commercial video)
* digiscoping adapters

The SF did stir things up a bit in Absam I believe,
a bit of healthy competition is always good
for the consumer,

Most of these new things don't have much to do with the optics in the binoculars or their ergonomics. Where's the beef?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riH5EsGcmTw

Bob

Most of these new things don't have much to do with the optics in the binoculars or their ergonomics. Where's the beef?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riH5EsGcmTw

Bob

no beef, just binos, ;)

forgot weight reduction -35g on the 42mm (if specs are correct)

all are little things that together can make a difference when
choosing binos in the store,

I plan to upgrade my binos and
was leaning more against the Zeiss SF,
but since I'm in no hurry
I will wait until I can try the new EL:s.

Last edited:
I had a binocular (Papillo) and a camera (Sony DSC-F717) with that kind of ever-rotating strap attachment. I found myself having to unwind the strap on a regular basis. It was annoying. Very annoying.

Weight reduction for 10*42 is 40 gms which is substantial. Focus wheel is armoured in new one. I think if there is no increase in price, these changes would be nice to have. Continuous improvement.

Regards

Looks like they put some "lipstick on a pig." With the SF out, I guess Swaro felt it had to do something, but just not something new.

If they do raise the $2,600 bar higher, who's going to jump over and who's going to join Frankie in singing....

Let's Hang On To What We've Got

<B>

Last edited:
I saw today that the new Swaro EL, "3rd generation" as it seems to be called,
can now be ordered in some stores online, (delivered 1st sept)
price increase is about 50 €,
and the old ones is on sale..1800 € for the 8.5x42 SV is not bad,

the new EL design are now official,
available from September 1st,

http://aa.swarovskioptik.com/travel/el-c220110

Well, I can't speak to the "usability" of any of the new items, but if the objective covers actually work it will be a vast improvement over what currently passes for objective covers from Swarovski.

There are a LOT of us that use objective covers. The current lack of practical ones are a deal killer for me with the last Gen SV 8x32.

If they truly work well, thumb's up to Swaro for listening...

What is the issue with the objective lens covers? From my limited experience, they work well. I leave them on all the time hanging loose. When I cross a fence or something, which might cause the lenses to be scratched, I put the covers on and they remain on. So no problems so far but it is early days. What am I missing?

Rolstone

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back