• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It's not a coincidence, it's a miracle! (1 Viewer)

Randall McGehee

I am new to birding. I dug out the pair of binoculars I bought at a thrift store once for $2--Binuxit! But that's not the miracle! They need recollimation...but so do my eyes!! I had never looked through them without my glasses on before--here's the miracle: the degree to which the Binuxit need recollimation almost is precisely the degree to which my eyes have astigmatism!! They cancel each other out! Sorry for all the exclamation marks, good grief, I am one happy camper. Anyway I also wanted to give a shout out to Bencv, a member here, who is very helpful and genuinely nice--thanks Ben for your help.

Randall

Pleasure Randall, any time. The Binuxit is considered by many to be the best of the vintage 8x30 Porro, I think personally, perhaps equalled by the Zeiss Oberkochen. So, for $2 you have a bargain binocular. Enjoy them, and I hope any restoration you undertake goes well..

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back