• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (3 Viewers)

You're off to a great start, Arthur. Ruins, cemetary, night, silhouetted trees, and Barn Owl. Sure to be a winning combination!

This is great Arthur, I'm particularly taken with the simple shapes of the leaves in the foreground, they give a real feeling of depth.

Mike

This is great Arthur, I'm particularly taken with the simple shapes of the leaves in the foreground, they give a real feeling of depth.

Mike

Indeed, a nice aspect of looking at the scene from a hiding point, the leaves partially obscuring the view, adds a lovely sense of intimacy....

It's gotten to the point where it's really interesting now Arthur. And I'm sure that you'll surprise us with how you finish it. It's far more enjoyable to be able to see it from start to finish like this than to just see the finished painting.

Arthur,

That is an intimate moment. Alluring. Almost mystical. Wonderfully disorientating in a special way. The textures, contrasts, pov, layers of detail. I love it!

It's like you're getting a few different paintings in one!

Very interesting piece!

Tim says it best when he mentions capturing the moment.

It has a sort of narrative without trying; Just recently I've spent some time in a ditch watching a hunting barn owl through the leaves of the trees that line the side of the road. When the owl saw me, despite my camouflage, he made three close passes to check me out. It looked just like this painting (with the exception of the ruins in the background). A beautiful painting.

Mike

Tim says it best when he mentions capturing the moment.

It has a sort of narrative without trying; Just recently I've spent some time in a ditch watching a hunting barn owl through the leaves of the trees that line the side of the road. When the owl saw me, despite my camouflage, he made three close passes to check me out. It looked just like this painting (with the exception of the ruins in the background). A beautiful painting.

Mike

All very well said. Like many of your paintings Arthur there is the sense of a quiet moment in time.

Nothing better than a chance to do some sketching Arthur. And very good results. Are those bottom birds the same ones you did a painting of about 6 months ago, the ones with extremely small bills?

Nothing better than a chance to do some sketching Arthur. And very good results. Are those bottom birds the same ones you did a painting of about 6 months ago, the ones with extremely small bills?
Hi Ken - these drawings are of house martins - very nice too - but I can't cross-reference to your supposition unfortunately.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back