• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any 60D users? (1 Viewer)

Adam69

My 40D has died after only 21 months and Im thinking of upgrading and keeping the 40D as a spare body. I would like the 7D but my budget doesn't stretch that far. Any 60D users out there with feedback on how it performs in the field , I presume it will be a big improvement on the 40D?

Did you have any luck with Canon given the age and low usage of your camera?

Don't know anything about the 60D, but my daughter has just got a 550D which apparently produces an identical image quality with the same 18mp sensor as the 60D and its excellent

Did you have any luck with Canon given the age and low usage of your camera?

Don't know anything about the 60D, but my daughter has just got a 550D which apparently produces an identical image quality with the same 18mp sensor as the 60D and its excellent

No luck with Canon I tried a bit of a sob story but it didn't work, one of the camera repair outlets I spoke to described the 40D as a bit of a" Lemon", funny you never find this out until it happens to you, Ill have a look at the 550D, thanks for your advice.

;)

That's a shame, not sure about the Lemon tag though, just sold my repaired one and wouldn't call 69,000 shots too bad an effort before it conked out
Just started using the newer one and up to approx 500 clicks, might change my mind if it goes wrong early

The 550D is worth a look, but really mentioned it because the 60D should be at least that good only larger, with more features and direct access buttons, got me thinking now |:d|

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back