• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camerabox (1 Viewer)

john-henry

Anyone had any dealing with this company, are they a reputable firm, are their goods 'grey' imports, their prices are so good it just makes me a little suspicious.

Thanks for any information.

John

Anyone had any dealing with this company, are they a reputable firm, are their goods 'grey' imports, their prices are so good it just makes me a little suspicious.

Thanks for any information.

John

I bought a camera from them but despite many assurances that it was a 'genuine UK' camera, it was a 'Hong Kong 'one.

I bought a camera from them but despite many assurances that it was a 'genuine UK' camera, it was a 'Hong Kong 'one.

Thanks JPAC,
Certainly a mixed bag of reviews about the company, some delighted with their service others still having nightmares over it. I think I'll give it a miss.

A cautious tale regarding Camerbox - if anyone is thinking of using them - stay clear. I wish I had. I ordered a D7000 body from them only to be told that it had been lost by the courier and that I had to wait until their insurance company had acknowledged that it was lost, before they could send out a replacement. Fed up with chasing them every day to get an update, I cancelled the order and demanded my money back. The assured me that the order had been cancelled and that my money would be returned in 48 hours - I then received an email saying a camera had been sent out! Whne I received it, I had no intention of keeping it, but opened the box just to make sure that was I was sending back was a D7000. The box contained no manuals or warranty and the serial number had been neatly cut from the body. Clearly a grey import. I sent it back and am still waiting for my money to be returned. I have again spoken to them and am assured the money is on its way back to my account - there will be trouble if it doesnt arrive very soon.

Stay clear of them, they are a bunch of cowboys. I just wished that I had read the reviews before ordering as unfortunately, my story is not unique....

I ordered something from them a year or two ago. It was despatched according to the email I got from them. No it wasn't.

Time dragged on, it didn't arrive, ever.

I cancelled my order and got the item from elsewhere by return of post. Now in my bookmarked folder of "Camera sites etc" is a link to Camerabox. I have it marked "Do Not Use", just in case I forget.

Try Kerso on Ebay if you are after a camera or lens. He is recommended by many on here (myself included) he does a good price and great service too.

I should have learned from a friends experience. He ordered a Canon SX30IS which took several weeks to appear and no communications from Camerabox - despite many attempts on his part. Anyway, I ordered a fuji HS20EXR last Monday with a 2-4 days delivery. I was eventually emailed to say it was DESPATCHED on Friday.

As I plan to immediately return this camera following the many negative comments that are now appearing in various camera forua regarding over-heating problems with the camera I'm not looking forward to the difficulties that might arise in getting the money refunded so I can get something else.

All that said - they are cheap.

Gordon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back