• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cadex DigiScoping (1 Viewer)

GIG_Derek

Greetings to you all.

I represent a company that specializes in long range shooting. As a result we deal in high end optics. We have a device on loan to us and spoke with some people about how to use this optical device outside the shooting world. Birding was mentioned. Here is the main idea behind this product; it is a mount that holds a Leupold spotting scope. This mount lets you use the scope as it normally would be used, but also allows you to put a camera on a base behind the scope and use it as a zoom lens. The mount is 3-way adjustable. So you can position your camera on the 1/4x20 base and move it left, right, forward and back to line it up with the scope image. On top of that, you can press a button and the arm swings to the side, letting you use the scope normally and then swing the arm back and click it in to take photographs. While it is not intended to replace all camera lenses, we see it as another versatile option in your optic capabilities. What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 77
Would it work with any other spotting scope besides a Leupold?

I am sure it does. We are still doing some testing. My boss has an optolyth that will fit with a very small modification. It is made for the Leupold but I want to see what optics are popular amongst the birding crowd and try to test those. But as long as it is a straight eye piece and not huge, it should be alright. But like I said, I will test as many scopes as I can, I can give you a detailed sheet of dimensions as well. I am taking this device outside it's original design niche but let me know what people use and I will research.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back