• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monarch 7 8x30 fix (1 Viewer)

I have a feeling that the Monarch 8x30 binocular is not being discontinued.

Well, let's also back up a bit. The web site just says that they're no longer being made. It's very possible Nikon has 500,000 units sitting in a warehouse somewhere and they just haven't sold well.

Also, Nikon seems to release new designs in August, so my guess is we'll see a new version then.

Perhaps it's related to the 8x30/10x30 issues -- who knows.

Well, let's also back up a bit. The web site just says that they're no longer being made. It's very possible Nikon has 500,000 units sitting in a warehouse somewhere and they just haven't sold well.

Also, Nikon seems to release new designs in August, so my guess is we'll see a new version then.

Perhaps it's related to the 8x30/10x30 issues -- who knows.

Mr. Nick:

Go back and take a careful look at this UK website that does not
even sell sports optics. Just a rubbish post as I see it.

If you are in the know, tell us more ?

Jerry

Go back and take a careful look at this UK website that does not even sell sports optics. Just a rubbish post as I see it.

Jerry, I'm not sure why you sound so antagonistic. They're still being sold. Their comment is just that Nikon has stopped producing them. That's not unreasonable seeing how Nikon releases new versions around this time of year.

I have no insider information. I'm just saying this happens all the time with various products. Once they hit a magic number, they stop making the product and move on to the next.

Sure the web site could just be flat out wrong and they could being saying that for purely marketing reasons -- who knows.

Send an email and ask them.

Nick:

What I meant by rubbish was what the seller on the link, had to say. Pixmania,
does not seem to even handle binoculars, from my visit to the site.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, it was the link that I found.

Jerry

As far as I know, the Nikon 8X30 EII Porro is sill a current. The Nikon Intl web site still shows it with the current models. Nikon USA discontinued offering it a few years ago but it is available from Japan and other far east vendors. Nikon did recently discontinue the Nikon 8X32 SE Porro along with the rest of the SE line so you may be thinking of that. If you are sure the 8X30 EII is now gone, please let us know more. That would be a shame because it is a great binocular.

The link you posted is interesting and may be right. It is not unknown for vendors to be slow in updating their web sites. However, I agree with Steve, that sure was fast if true. My hope is they fix the glare problem and continue the product. I would have bought one if not for the glare or if I had received a positive response from Mike F. that the issue was being acknowledged and addressed.

AFAIK2, they are still being sold by stores in Japan and Hong Kong. Here's one on the bay:

Nikon 8x30 EII from Japan

Brock

I just checked some of the big venders USA and they all show both the 8&10 30mm Nikon Monarch 7 in stock. Midway has at least 6 in stock. The 7th. one I put in my cart would be back ordered.

The Pixmania site looks like it is for cameras etc. I could only find 4 Nikon binoculars, worst site I ever saw. I found nappies and baby wipes pretty easy though.;)

Last edited:
I would say the original link by Stan does not hold water! Sounds like this would be a vendor to stay as far away from as possible!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back