• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

~chestnut and mt dee~ (1 Viewer)

bettyann

i thought it might be nice to post up a lil example of my work.
a chestnut chickadee, and a mountain chickadee done in prismacolor pencils.

Attachments

• chstnutdeefinal.jpg
    chstnutdeefinal.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 159
  • mtdeefinal1.jpg
    mtdeefinal1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 164
Fantastic! would love to see more of your work.We have an Artwork,painting and graphics section in the gallery where you can display your talent to a wider audience.

Last edited:
;) thank you both so much...i just thought if i was posting comments that it wasnt fair if i didnt put my work out there for viewing and critique too...

i am still trying to learn my way around....so thank you i will check the other section of the galleries out too!

Superb...

Texture is fantastic, almost as if you can feel the birds soft plumage.

Mountain Ckickadee is very skillfully observed, very well done...

Superbly soft and alive little bird, Bettyann - I particularly like the first bird - the 3/4 pose is excellent and the rendering is tops!

Only a minor point,but I really like the colour of the background/card?

The soft tones of the birds intergrate perfectly in that shade,often see
birds painted or drawn on pure white paper or pad,which to me sometimes appears a little strident?

Of course the paintings themselves are exquisite!

Matt

Last edited:
thank y'all for the positive input! much appreciated....when i do cp work, its rather detailed but yet has the indistinct lil quality that is more pronounced in my oil work..
i havent posted other works other than birds, because i figured this site was more focused on bird life images...

recently i have very graciously been given permission to use a few members photographs for reference, so hopefully i will be able to do additional work that i will soon share!

i do like working on slightly tinted paper..marrying the overall tones with the colors within the bird, but thats not always the case...depends on the bird though and lighting/surroundings.

Last edited:
Have just looked at your website, Bettyann, and they are all truly beautiful! The birds could get up and fly away at any moment! Thank you for sharing.

:bounce: thank you!.........birds have always been a passion..i get sidetracked though with all the other incredible animals though as well..or anything that is natural and out in the wild!....
i have done a few owls but still not pleased with the results of any of them yet...so lots more to come..eventually!

Wow, those are just perfect - and your website is incredible!

I'll have the owl in you 'coloured pencil' gallery if you're not happy with it! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back