• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Read This Before Posting Photos In This Forum (1 Viewer)

Andy Bright

Administrator
Staff member
England
This Forum is for posting images of birds that are not represented in the Bird Forum Galleries AND after you have already posted 3 photos in 24hrs in the main gallery.

So if you have more than 3 new species for us to use in the database, you would put the first three in the main gallery, then the others in this forum.

To check to see if we have a certain species in the galleries, go to the main gallery page HERE and scroll down past the recent photos to a red horizontal bar, click on 'all images'. The page that opens up will have a text input box where you can put in your bird's name to do a complete search of the galleries, you can also put in the bird's scientific name just to make sure that we don't have it under a different 'common name'

Thank you,

how do I enter a wildlife bird pic ? I just got an e-mail about the competition

How do I send in my pics for the bird wildlife competition?
Thanks,
Peter

Andy Bright said:
This Forum is for posting images of birds that are not represented in the Bird Forum Galleries AND after you have already posted 3 photos in 24hrs in the main gallery.

So if you have more than 3 new species for us to use in the database, you would put the first three in the main gallery, then the others in this forum.

At present we have not transferred all species in the galleries to the database, so just because the database doesn't show an image for a particular species, it doesn't mean it's not in our main galleries.

To check to see if we have a certain species in the galleries, go to the main gallery page HERE and scroll down past the recent photos to a red horizontal bar, click on 'all images'. The page that opens up will have a text input box where you can put in your bird's name to do a complete search of the galleries, you can also put in the bird's scientific name just to make sure that we don't have it under a different 'common name'

Thank you,

Adding to the Database

Andy,
Will you automatically add any images posted that aren't in the Database or do I have to post them separately to the Database?
Neil

Andy Bright said:

At present we have not transferred all species in the galleries to the database, so just because the database doesn't show an image for a particular species, it doesn't mean it's not in our main galleries.

Thank you,

Images

Neil said:
Andy,
Will you automatically add any images posted that aren't in the Database or do I have to post them separately to the Database?Neil
Andy
I am still not clear how this is working!, therfore you can use any of my images that I have submitted. I notice some species have many images and other might only have one. How many images of each species do you want?

I submitted a picture of a purple Martin and was basically told that you had these already, but if you look at the 'Great Blue Heron there seems to be about a hundred or so.

I also noticed that ther is only one picture of the red-billed chough and I have have more if you want them!!

Can you also spell my name correctly on the Chough image, it should be MacArthur

thanks

Jamie

Sorry everyone, been away for the last week.

Neil: If you post them in this forum, we'll add them ourselves.

Jamie: One photo of each species is shown on the main page for the particular bird in the database, there is some red text under this photo '[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]To search for pictures in our gallery click here[/font]' this sets off a search through the galleries, hopefully finding other photos of the bird in question...so if you post additional Chough photos in the main BF gallery, they'll be appreciated. Unfortunately this search doesn't find images posted in this forum.
This particular forum is specifically for birds that we don't have in the main galleries, so your Purple Martin should've gone in the main gallery. Some people have accidentally put more common birds in this forum by mistake and this is the reason why I've been trying to get this rather convuluted message across ;)
I've changed the credit on your Chough photo ...be grateful it wasn't creditted to 'scottishdude' ;) unfortunately we only know most members from their username, not their real name.
Regards,
Andy

I have NO idea how this all works; but I have some very good photos, and some award-winning paintings of birds, and I would like to find out more about digiscoping and how to best combine camera with a Swarovski ATS80. What do I do now?

Gerda Da Rif said:
I have NO idea how this all works; but I have some very good photos, and some award-winning paintings of birds, and I would like to find out more about digiscoping and how to best combine camera with a Swarovski ATS80. What do I do now?
Hi Gerda, your photos/artwork will be most appreciated. Please upload them in the main birdforum galleries here http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/.

Here are some instructions on how to upload to the galley http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=12892

Please take time to read the gallery guidelines here http://www.birdforum.net/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_rules

Best reagrds,
Andy

How do I add a photo to a forum (not the gallery)?

Andy:
I would like to pose a question in the forums to help me identify a specific bird. I have a photo but I need instructions on how to upload the photo to the forum page. I tried linking to my web page at Bellsouth, but that did not seem to work. Can you help?

Thanks

Perry

pbahm said:
Andy:
I would like to pose a question in the forums to help me identify a specific bird. I have a photo but I need instructions on how to upload the photo to the forum page. I tried linking to my web page at Bellsouth, but that did not seem to work. Can you help?

Thanks

Perry
Hi Perry, a warm welcome to birdforum from all the staff here... hope you enjoy the site.

No problem on your question. When you create a new thread or reply to someone elses post (but not 'quick reply') you can scroll down to 'Additional Options' and click on 'manage attachments', a pop-up will appear allowing you to browse to the location of the photo/s on your pc and upload them to your post. They will appear as thumbnails in your post and you can have up to 5 (i think) attached to each post.

Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back