• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Double Feature- 2 QTVideos (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
To borrow a phrase from Tammie, here is a "double feature." The first is an uninterupted 3 minutes with blue jay who is working very hard for his supper. It's amazing how much energy it takes to get into a sunflower seed. I used to put peanuts out there for the bluejays but they would not stay and eat them, they dashed in, grabbed them, and carried them away someplace where I could not tape them- No fair. But these seeds- they sit right there and eat them in front of the camera like good little bluejays. (It's part of our agreement. They can eat all they want but must agree to be videotaped.)

BlueJay

The next one is an assortment of the regulars- except that there is a brownheaded cowbird at the beginning. I don't see them everyday. Saturday I saw a male and a female together as a pair- I forgot about that bit- I will post it tomorrow. Oh- and today I saw a bluejay feed another bluejay a bit of suet- I was not fast enough on the camcorder to catch it on tape but they did it- just like the cardinals did.

FeederCam

Thanks, Alan. I don't think I could ever get tired of watching these! :)

It sure is neat to watch how different birds break the seeds open in different ways. Jays do it the same way chickadees do.... held between the toes and pecked open. Would love to have seen one feed another.

I got a kick out of watching one dove on the suet with another behind it, wanting to get some too.... and lighting pecking the other doves tail feathers!

As always, the lighting on the female cardinal at the end is stunning. She's so pretty! :)

Tammie said:
Thanks, Alan. I don't think I could ever get tired of watching these! :)

It sure is neat to watch how different birds break the seeds open in different ways. Jays do it the same way chickadees do.... held between the toes and pecked open. Would love to have seen one feed another.

I got a kick out of watching one dove on the suet with another behind it, wanting to get some too.... and lighting pecking the other doves tail feathers!

As always, the lighting on the female cardinal at the end is stunning. She's so pretty! :)
Thanks Tammie- Listen- How do you work this "quote" thing. I mean- when responding to a message as I am doing now, how does one select the part of the quote to respond to without including the whole thing. I'm a little confused about that. I remember a response of yours that even had different colors with your answers intertwined within the quote and everything. It was fantastic.

kaypros said:
alarson2 said:
To borrow a phrase from Tammie, here is a "double feature."

Thanks for posting those videos! It was great entertainment.

Thank you Kay- the pleasure is all mine- I am happy that you enjoyed the "double feature" keep watching!

Alan

alarson2 said:
Thanks Tammie- Listen- How do you work this "quote" thing. I mean- when responding to a message as I am doing now, how does one select the part of the quote to respond to without including the whole thing. I'm a little confused about that. I remember a response of yours that even had different colors with your answers intertwined within the quote and everything. It was fantastic.

Alan, when you click on REPLY, you can do anything with the post you are replying to. Like, right now, I can go into what you typed (above what I'm typing right now) and change something: my name to red. Just highlight the text you want to change or remove. To remove something, highlight it and hit your space bar. To change color or size, highlight what you want to change, click on the COLOR arrow or SIZE arrow, above this message screen and do what you want to do. Am I making any sense here??

Hope this helps in some way.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back