• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sulawesi and Halmahera June/July 2017 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Whitehouse

Professor of Listening
Supporter
Scotland
I'm trying to put together an 18-day tour to Sulawesi and Halmahera this summer. Details aren't finalised yet but this is likely to be with Malia Tours. The start dates aren't finalised either but are likely to be in the second half of June. That would mean the tour finishing in early to mid-July.

There are already two people (incuding myself) interested.

Price is $3460 if two people participate but it's likely to be a bit lower if more people join. The tour and itinerary is almost identical to this one, which costs around $3000 more:
http://birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-indonesia-sulawesi-and-halmahera-2017
The price includes internal flights during the tour (though not flights to and from Sulawesi at the beginning and end).

Let me know if you might be interested.

Just booked similar tour in November

Andrew

We have just booked a similar itinerary with BirdingtourAsia, so really interested to hear how you do.
Price looks really competitive.

David

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on, Andrew - as I intend to follow in your footsteps next year (just like my India trip!) - but I will be doing it DIY style (& hopefully at a fraction of the cost - too rich for me!) So I'll be posting a similar request in the future.

Good luck

H

I did this tour 2 years ago with Malia Tours. Nurlin is a great guy and guide so you will be in safe hands. I know he is struggling to get people to book with his company so i am pleased there is a bit of interest.

I did this tour 2 years ago with Malia Tours. Nurlin is a great guy and guide so you will be in safe hands. I know he is struggling to get people to book with his company so i am pleased there is a bit of interest.

Thanks - that's reassuring to know. I've read good things about him and he's been very helpful over email.

Hey H2, I spent 6 weeks in sul/ hal in 2012. I have loads of Gen, vocals, etc if u need any. I loved it. It was easy.

peedee,

I'm planning on being in Indonesia for about four months this summer (June-Sept) on a DIY trip. I'd be great to chat/get some info from you.

halftwo....i'm sure i'll have plenty of info to send your way at the end of 2017....

peedee,

I'm planning on being in Indonesia for about four months this summer (June-Sept) on a DIY trip. I'd be great to chat/get some info from you.

halftwo....i'm sure i'll have plenty of info to send your way at the end of 2017....

Great stuff, thanks.

peedee,

halftwo....i'm sure i'll have plenty of info to send your way at the end of 2017....[/QUOTE

Hiya, I'm happy to help. Keep me posted.

Cheers, Peedee. I remembered that you'd been. (Trip report on BF? yes?)

I didn't do a report but provided some info for a trip the next year. Check out Gareth Knass sul hal report on cloudbirders. I also visited Batanta for the Wilson's BOP, nothing has really been the same since! Wow!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back