• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

100th lifer! (1 Viewer)

lassa8

United States
Today is Reading Day, which means no classes are held in preparation for the start of finals tomorrow. Needless to say, we went birding instead of studying. My girlfriend and I visited Fox Lake and Rose Pond Conservation Areas in extreme NE Missouri. It was definitely a great time, as I saw many birds I'd only seen once before, as well as twelve new species (and my first warblers!) to bump my life list up to 101. New species were: tree swallow, orchard oriole, spotted sandpiper, prothonotary warbler, cooper's hawk, field sparrow, grasshopper sparrow (almost stepped on the poor thing), black-and-white warbler, common yellowthroat, blue-winged warbler, cerulean warbler (number 100!), and the palm warbler.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Lassa! A significant benchmark.

I have no recollection at all of my 100th lifer. Never thought to number them, though I suppose I could figure it out by the dates if I had the time and patience. It must have been in Florida, though, about 1961 or 1962-- just out of high school--, and I hope it was the Roseate Spoonbill, a memorable sighting, that.

Excellent, Lassa. You know all of those birds you mentioed would have been lifers for me too.

I have no idea what my 100th lifer was but my 100th bird on my Iceland list was Whinchat (Saxicola rubetra). The very same bird was a friend's 200th bird in Iceland.

E

Hope the finals are going well, still the important thing is you got your 100th any guess as to what your 200th will be?
Gillian

What a great way to celebrate 100! When... if... I reach my next landmark I can think of few birds that I'd prefer to a Cerulean Warbler.

The way things are going now, I won't see my first cedar waxwing (common you say? HA! anything but common if I'm around) until I'm right about species 200

Yeah, I agree with Lassa on that last post. At the rate I'm going, probably will see a Cedar Waxwing around 150. I still have 87 birds to go....

Lassa,
Congratulations on your 100th. And it just keeps getting better. I hope you get your Cedar Waxwings soon. I was just in S.E. Arizona for a few days and did see a large flock of them and I think they were headed towards Mo.!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back