• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nature Trail Central Florida (1 Viewer)

lukerjedi

Took a quick 45 minute nature trail in Oakland Nature Preserve this morning. I am new to birding, and it showed this morning. I was overwhelmed by the number of birds I heard all around me. I slowly made my way through the boardwalk and heard at least 5 birds that I've never heard before...and do not know what they were. I saw several catbirds, titmouse, cardinals, palm warblers and a few blue jays. I also saw a new bird to me, the black and white warbler. It came down a tree about 8 ft from me so I got a real nice look. That place was alive this morning at 9 a.m., and it sounded like I was literally surrounded by hundreds of birds. I was there yesterday with many, many hikers and saw two bald eagles. This morning, not another single person in the park. :t:

lukerjedi -
I remember a few years back going to the northeast corner of Lake Apopka to see some western flycatchers. They should be there this time of year if you want to try for some really unusual birds.

Steve

That sounds like lust rd area? I believe someone spotted a Western Tanager there a couple of weeks ago. I have been wanting to try it out, but have never explored that area. Thanks for the tip Steve!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back