• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warranties for certain binoculars. (1 Viewer)

Woodcock1965

Hello to all members,
Could anyone help me please with a somewhat short question I have regarding warranties for binoculars? For example If I was to buy Leica ,Zeiss or Swarovski from America, would the warranty be transferred; simply meaning If something went wrong would the bins still be covered by their warranty in the Uk? Could someone also explain more about the grey import issue please?
I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
Regards, Woodcock.

The short answer is no, the warranty would not transfer. You would have to send it back
to the country it was purchased from. That is a large PITA, so consider that when purchasing.
Companies do this to protect and help the dealers in each area provide good sales and service.

Jerry

Hello to all members,
Could anyone help me please with a somewhat short question I have regarding warranties for binoculars? For example If I was to buy Leica ,Zeiss or Swarovski from America, would the warranty be transferred; simply meaning If something went wrong would the bins still be covered by their warranty in the Uk? Could someone also explain more about the grey import issue please?
I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
Regards, Woodcock.

Here is Nikon America's detailed explanation of Gray Market Nikon items: In short they are not covered by Nikon America's Warranty.

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back