• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Am I scuppered using Windows 98SE? (1 Viewer)

amelia1730

Following help from BF I am now heading down the DSLR road, with the K100D Super in mind............however, I have just realised that my PC is still running Windows 98SE. Can anyone tell me if this will prevent me from 'going digital'? I don't really want the added expense of a new desktop.........
Thanks

Hi,
It was only in the last 2 years that I moved from 98SE, so that's not a big factor... maybe some of the modern image editing software programmes may not support 98SE and the amount of RAM on your pc will influence how speedily you can do things with larger files.
Overall, you haven't got much to worry about as far as I can see.

cheers,
Andy

If you shoot in raw format I think you'll have problems opening the files. As far as I'm aware the Pentax raw converter software is not compatible with Windows 98se. Might be worth trying dcraw however before installing it take the usual precautions eg. virus scan it, back everything up .....etc

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back