• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony A6000 and Celestron C5 (1 Viewer)

stefano.sec

after long time using Kowa prominar, I decided to make some shots with the Celestron C5. Not so easy to do because the equivalent focal on APS-c is 1875mm (1250x1.5), tripod must be really good and better to use wi-fi remote, but the "focus peaking" and zoom for manual focus permits to obtain good shots (if the subject gives time ;) ).
Some pictures are posted on my blog, here a crop and post production of a sparrow's picture at an estimated distance of 15 meters. I hope you like it.
Stefano

Attachments

• passero.jpg
    passero.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 204
I'm sorry I'm still learning english language...do you mean all stuff? I have here some pics of my celestron and Canon550D, where I show some ways to take pics with it, but now I just use Sony a6000 in prime focus.

thanks for the shots stefano -your english seems very good

the weight of the sony is light compared to mirror d-slr's. which copany t-adapter do you use?

thankyou

the weight is not so different 2,8Kg vs 3kg. Now I have a T2-Canon adapter because I have already Canon-Emount too. Maybe I can save weight and fix it better if I take T2-Emount adapter. For the focusing, I use zoom 11.7x (there is also 5.9x) to focus the subject, and there is a red color focus peaking too to confirm (it depends by the light). What I can see on display, it is repeated into the ocular. I never compared that system to the digiscoping one, but I think if I compare the same focal, here I have better quality because there is no only one lens between mirror and sensor. Sharpness is not excellent for sure, but post production helps. Sorry for the picture quality, bye

Attachments

• foto 1.jpg
    foto 1.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 164
  • foto 3.jpg
    foto 3.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 168
  • foto4.jpg
    foto4.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 147
  • foto 5.jpg
    foto 5.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 118
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back